Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

JAMMED TELEPHOTO LENS

Posted 29/01/2010 - 05:43 Link
Recently I was shooting with my k200d with a sigma 70-300mm tlephoto lens coupled with 2x kenko telephoto converter. The camera stopped taking pictures. On the screen were displayed F--- AND 999.tHATS IT . This is not changing no matter waht I do. I then changed lenses and put on my 18-50mm lens - it worked !!- no camera jam. I put back the telephot lens and it would not work - same message ie F---, AND 999. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LENS OR WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
womble
Posted 29/01/2010 - 06:12 - Helpful Comment Link
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the lens mount? Does it work without the teleconverter? Sounds like something has gone wrong with the contacts and the camera thinks you have a pre-A series manual lens fitted.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Dangermouse
Posted 29/01/2010 - 12:07 - Helpful Comment Link
Does the lens have an aperture control on it (a ring next to the lens mount)? If so, it needs to be set to "A" to work with a DSLR. It's surprisingly easy to accidentally hit the button and move it off the A setting, I've done it before now.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
JohnX
Posted 29/01/2010 - 13:54 Link
Is this lens/tc combo new (to you)? In other words, have you used it before without problems?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.