ist D connection problems for remote assistant
Posted 17/04/2012 - 17:26
Link
Compatibility mode to get XP could be the clue as RA is only XP compliant.
Do you have access to a pure XP machine that would prove that territory.
Now the lead, is it a third party/copy lead? I bought one that was incorrectly wired gave absolutely no response. Luckily caused no damage. If I remember correctly one of the signal(centre pair)was swapped with the 0ve power.
Found a genuine Pentax lead and all was talking to each other as it should.
Sorry to say I don't still have my notes from that escapade
Alan
Do you have access to a pure XP machine that would prove that territory.
Now the lead, is it a third party/copy lead? I bought one that was incorrectly wired gave absolutely no response. Luckily caused no damage. If I remember correctly one of the signal(centre pair)was swapped with the 0ve power.
Found a genuine Pentax lead and all was talking to each other as it should.
Sorry to say I don't still have my notes from that escapade
Alan
Pentax A3, IstD, K10 50mm 1.7 M & A, 16-45, 18/35, 18/55(x2), 28/90FA, 80/320FA, AF36FGZ, AF500FTZ
Sigma 24/135, 150/500
Tamrom adaptall2. 500mm mirror. 70-300 DI.
Sigma 24/135, 150/500
Tamrom adaptall2. 500mm mirror. 70-300 DI.
Posted 17/04/2012 - 20:07
Link
I didn't realise the *istD worked with Remote Assistant but you might try enabling administrator mode on your PC
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 18/04/2012 - 12:19
Link
Thank you for trhe rapid and useful responses guys. Yes, RA will work with the ist D as long as you have greater than V1.0 firmware installed (this made it compatible). Yes...the lead in question. Claimed compatible from a 3rd Party and in fact says Cable-295 USB2.0 (though I thought the ist D was USB1.0 only!?) then "USB2.0-FEM Nikon 8PIN 1.8M Length". So I am presuming the same cable is used on a similar Nikon, maybe the elderly D100 (same sensor, so maybe similar internals/external connectors...don't know really, guessing!?). Like Alan suggests, I have sneaky feeling it's the cable, as it won't even see the camera to just download pics from the card (not that I want it for that, I'll use a CF card reader normally), so it would seem one is not seeing the other from the start. I'll have to dish the cash on a genuine Pentax USBI2 cable then I think. Will try running RA on an XP at work first though. Thanks for the help guys, appreciated - Anthony.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5 posts
17 years
Great Britain