Is this a good deal

JasonRawlings
Posted 07/05/2009 - 13:23 Link
I was looking at this and just wondering if it's a good deal,

link
K20D and a few different lenses. Plus I'm a complete noob.
Bob and his Pentax
Posted 07/05/2009 - 14:13 Link
Hi Jason,

I have one of these - the quailty is good but auto-focusing doesn't work with SDM lenses.

The camera seems to know that the lens is SDM so it does not engage the worm drive. It will work OK if you don't have SDM lenses though.

SRS price for this is £129 so £99 is a good price. (SRS have the Kenco 1.4x adaptor for £89 which DOES work with SDM and is a good deal too)
Good luck

Bob

Pentax user since 1978, Digital since 1997.
Kit includes: K-7, K20D, K10D, *istDS, full set DA* lens, etc
Edited by Bob and his Pentax: 07/05/2009 - 14:14
Posted 07/05/2009 - 20:02 Link
Hi Jason i got something similar last week in a job lot with a pentax programmA / 3 lenses reversing ring / tmount and various other bits and bobs for £20.

So probably isn't a good deal at the price but i was very lucky.



Comment Image
Mike-P
Posted 07/05/2009 - 20:10 Link
sanderscapes wrote:
Hi Jason i got something similar last week in a job lot with a pentax programmA / 3 lenses reversing ring / tmount and various other bits and bobs for £20.

So probably isn't a good deal at the price but i was very lucky.

Yours isnt autofocus
Posted 07/05/2009 - 20:12 Link
My bad
JasonRawlings
Posted 07/05/2009 - 21:39 Link
so if I have this right it will work on af with all standard lenses?
K20D and a few different lenses. Plus I'm a complete noob.
Mike-P
Posted 07/05/2009 - 21:44 Link
It will work on AF with all standard AF lenses.(I presume)
I really wouldn't recommend a 2x teleconveter though, 1.4x/1.5x or the Pentax 1.7x will give much better IQ
Edited by Mike-P: 07/05/2009 - 21:45
JasonRawlings
Posted 07/05/2009 - 21:53 Link
Ok I will keep looking for one of the others.
K20D and a few different lenses. Plus I'm a complete noob.
Bob and his Pentax
Posted 08/05/2009 - 15:15 Link
JasonRawlings wrote:
so if I have this right it will work on af with all standard lenses?
Not sure what you would describe as a 'standard' lens.

If standard means FA then yes as they are worm drive only.

If standard means DA then no as one (at least) of the DA lenses has SDM and the adaptor will not auto focus with lenses that have SDM.

Autofocus will work on lenses which ONLY have worm drive focusing.
Good luck

Bob

Pentax user since 1978, Digital since 1997.
Kit includes: K-7, K20D, K10D, *istDS, full set DA* lens, etc
Edited by Bob and his Pentax: 08/05/2009 - 15:17

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo