Iraq 1982
Posted 20/04/2010 - 15:56
Link
No B&W conversions yet Gareth. Only just started to sort through the volumes of prints.
Regards
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 20/04/2010 - 17:18
Link
I cropped in from the full image Gareth. Didn't want to spend the time to remove. Limited room for manoeuvre with the camera (he says, trying to remember)hence a lot of stuff shot as was.
Not due back there for a while so similar will have to wait.
Regards
Not due back there for a while so similar will have to wait.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 20/04/2010 - 17:41
Link
I love the shots, they have a great "feel" to them. The picture of the old man is worth a thousand words at least, it almost tells a story.
Is it just me, or does film render colour very differently to digital?
Is it just me, or does film render colour very differently to digital?
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 20/04/2010 - 18:32
Link
A great set! I particularly like the last one, even with the shadowed face and tilted horizon it's a fantastic image.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 20/04/2010 - 18:41
Link
robbie_d wrote:
I love the shots, they have a great "feel" to them. The picture of the old man is worth a thousand words at least, it almost tells a story.
Is it just me, or does film render colour very differently to digital?
Film will always have a different colour appearance.I love the shots, they have a great "feel" to them. The picture of the old man is worth a thousand words at least, it almost tells a story.
Is it just me, or does film render colour very differently to digital?
thoughton wrote:
A great set! I particularly like the last one, even with the shadowed face and tilted horizon it's a fantastic image.
I was sat in the front of the boat when the shot was taken. Quite a few of the shots were taken from this position. I used eight to ten rolls of film that afternoon.A great set! I particularly like the last one, even with the shadowed face and tilted horizon it's a fantastic image.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 20/04/2010 - 20:46
Link
What film did you use and who printed it?
I only ask as the colours are superb, my images from the same period are a little the worse for age.
I only ask as the colours are superb, my images from the same period are a little the worse for age.
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 21/04/2010 - 07:40
Link
I used Kodachrome 25. For the life of me, I can't remember where the prints were done. I know it was by a decent lab in the UK and at the time I was very concerned that I got my slides back.
Most of my prints from those days have been kept in cool, dark and dry conditions (large cool boxes in the loft with silica gel bags).
I always shot with slide for colour and Ilford HP4/FP4 for B&W.
Regards
Most of my prints from those days have been kept in cool, dark and dry conditions (large cool boxes in the loft with silica gel bags).
I always shot with slide for colour and Ilford HP4/FP4 for B&W.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 21/04/2010 - 08:27
Link
They're lovely shots, scary thing is - they're coming up to 30 years old...
Posted 21/04/2010 - 15:05
Link
Good old Kodachrome 25... amazing stuff. I am still working my way through my last few rolls of K64. Ansel Adam's, in his autobiography, notes how his early ektachromes and kodacolors had all faded but his kodachrome's were fine. I cannot image what the quality of a K25 5x4" would be like.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 21/04/2010 - 16:44
Link
i-Berg wrote:
They're lovely shots, scary thing is - they're coming up to 30 years old...
I am too, and I have to say the pictures are looking much better!
They're lovely shots, scary thing is - they're coming up to 30 years old...
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 21/04/2010 - 16:48
Link
K10D wrote:
Regards
robbie_d wrote:
I love the shots, they have a great "feel" to them. The picture of the old man is worth a thousand words at least, it almost tells a story.
Is it just me, or does film render colour very differently to digital?
Film will always have a different colour appearance.I love the shots, they have a great "feel" to them. The picture of the old man is worth a thousand words at least, it almost tells a story.
Is it just me, or does film render colour very differently to digital?
thoughton wrote:
A great set! I particularly like the last one, even with the shadowed face and tilted horizon it's a fantastic image.
I was sat in the front of the boat when the shot was taken. Quite a few of the shots were taken from this position. I used eight to ten rolls of film that afternoon.A great set! I particularly like the last one, even with the shadowed face and tilted horizon it's a fantastic image.
Regards
Is it a case that digital sensors can't reproduce colour like film, or a case that a decision has been made to make them reproduce it differently?
Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, my interest in SLR photography has only developed (no pun intended) since the digital era.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
The marsh arabs were very friendly people who always made visitors welcome.
Regards