IR remote for Q

dcweather
Posted 03/10/2012 - 16:42 Link
Do the cheap generic IR remotes constantly update codes for newer cameras. It's just that the ones I have for K-r don't work the Q although the ones now listed include Q and K-r on same model. Presumably they have to update them?
Dave
gartmore
Posted 03/10/2012 - 16:50 Link
I dont know the Q but Pentax have been using the same remote (Remote Control F) for 20 years for all their other cameras.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Blythman
Posted 03/10/2012 - 16:59 Link
Page 101 of the manual says the remote will only work within 5cm at the rear. You sure you're close enough?

I bought a remote from China for my Kx last year. Works fine on both the K5 and the Q
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Edited by Blythman: 03/10/2012 - 17:21
DrOrloff
Posted 03/10/2012 - 17:01 Link
I bought a JJC RM-E7 remote from ebay for a fiver inc delivery. Works fine on the K5 and the Q.
fritzthedog
Posted 03/10/2012 - 18:37 Link
My £2 Chinese IR remote bought for the K5 works perfectly on the Q
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
dcweather
Posted 03/10/2012 - 18:45 Link
Thanks for the useful info. I have three of these devices, all working with my K-r (and formerly K-x). I also have the JJC RM-4 and that is now working with the Q after changing the battery. The other two still don't but I think perhaps the coin batteries are low and perhaps the Q just needs that bit more power than the K-r. So basically solved and thanks.
Dave

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo