iPhone Cult
Posted 08/07/2010 - 18:24
Link
It does show the mentality today of some consumers who must have the latest gadget at any cost, irrelevan. T of what better brands can do. They simmply are buying the brand name !!!
Posted 08/07/2010 - 19:52
Link
The issue is nicely summarised by this Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
(warning: profanity)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
(warning: profanity)
Posted 08/07/2010 - 20:02
Link
That's funny Have you spelt Cult right?
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 08/07/2010 - 23:07
Link
MrCynical wrote:
The issue is nicely summarised by this Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
(warning: profanity)
What is the point of your post? Does it add anything new or different?
The issue is nicely summarised by this Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
(warning: profanity)
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Posted 09/07/2010 - 00:03
Link
polchraine wrote:
What is the point of your post? Does it add anything new or different?
Erm.. in haste I hadn't read the original link, and hence hadn't discovered that it contains precisely the video I linked Still - it does add something new in that people can view the video directly rather than clicking through a site which has merely reposted it
What is the point of your post? Does it add anything new or different?
Posted 09/07/2010 - 08:06
Link
The video is a bit of a cheap shot against iPhone users and Apple though, not really constructive.
Best regards, John
Posted 09/07/2010 - 09:25
Link
Argee wrote:
Ray
I believe John is saying it's not very constructive to suggest that the many iPhone users on this forum typically suffer from a cult mentality. As an iPhone user myself I don't particularly appreciate being pigeonholed like that either johnriley wrote:
... not really constructive.
Constructive? It's a joke, isn't it? ... not really constructive.
Ray
polchraine wrote:
This shows the typical iPhone user mentality:
http://smartstartup.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/marketings-greatest-...-iphone-cult.html
This shows the typical iPhone user mentality:
http://smartstartup.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/marketings-greatest-...-iphone-cult.html
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 09/07/2010 - 09:36
Link
I appreciate your take on John's post, Tim, which is how I saw it too, but - as I said - it's still a joke. I sent it on to a friend of mine who's recently bought an i4 and he thought it was great. It's a molehill, let's not start putting crampons on!
Ray
Ray
Z1, K10D, D-BG2 Grip, DA 1:3.5-5.6 18-55mm AL, DA 1:3.5-6.3 18-250mm ED AL(IF), AF540FGZ Flash, FA 1:1.7 50mm, DA 1:2.4 70mm Limited, Wireless Remote (Did I offend you? Click here).
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1321 posts
20 years
LHR/ABZ INV/OSL/ZRH/LAX SNA/SEA/YUL +++
http://smartstartup.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/marketings-greatest-creation-t...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...