Introducing Lissy

johnriley

Link Posted 06/07/2020 - 15:51
This is Lissy, a new friend of Charlotte's, plus a picture of them both together.

These were shot yesterday, see my EPZ blog for more, the first proper photoshoot for some time. Pentax K-1 and 28-105mm lens.
PS The monochrome was an in-camera JPEG; I really like the results that we can get in this way. I just select Monochrome and get just the tones I strove to achieve in the darkroom.
Best regards, John
Last Edited by johnriley on 06/07/2020 - 15:53

LennyBloke

Link Posted 06/07/2020 - 16:39
On viewing the monochrome image my first instinct was "great processing" - then I read your comments about it being a Monochrome in-camera JPEG . So my comments are now Great Composition and Great in-camera processing

I have to admit I was intrigued by the amount of effort that Pentax/Ricoh put into the various JPEG settings (you can read about it on the Ricoh web site) they have a very strong belief that this Camera can be used as a JPEG machine, producing top results - looks like they're right
LennyBloke

Nigelk

Link Posted 06/07/2020 - 16:40
She looks like an interesting character, really like the 1st image

robbiec

Link Posted 06/07/2020 - 16:57
Lovely use of the light in No 1, great eyes expression. No2, to be young again Thanks for the monochrome tip.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

pschlute

Link Posted 10/07/2020 - 22:10
I missed this post before. John that first one is a stunning portrait.
Peter

My Flickr page

davidwozhere

Link Posted 11/07/2020 - 00:48
I think many of us tend to reprocess our colour images to mono. I certainly do now and then. We have got out of the mindset of black and white (film) from the outset. This is a very good prod to start shooting B&W outright since, as you and Lenny bloke say, there is a first class facility inside the K1.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.