Interesting Interview with Ned Bunnell

Gwyn

Link Posted 23/02/2010 - 21:43
Ned Bunnell for those who don't know is president of Pentax Imaging USA.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1266899714.html

johnriley

Link Posted 23/02/2010 - 21:57
Very interesting, many thanks for the link.
Best regards, John

Unlocker

Link Posted 23/02/2010 - 23:12
Cheers Gwyn, interesting read.

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

Greytop

Link Posted 23/02/2010 - 23:16
Yes thanks Gwyn, it was an interesting read.
Regards Huw

flickr

RichardDay

Link Posted 24/02/2010 - 12:05
I think Ned was just eschewing the Hoya mantra.

Personally, I found it slightly depressing that there was no mention of expansion of the enthusiast/semi-pro DSLR range (not necessarily FF ) and new zooms/long lenses, very much entrenched with small bodies and small primes.

I know that details cannot be mentioned, but I would like an improved multi-point AI predictive tracking AF system (like Nikon's Multi-CAM3500DX) and faster (ring?) SDM motors.

I won't expand on the multi colour marketing strategy, it shows up my aged "grumpy old man" outlook!
Best regards
Richard Day

Profile - link - (click on About for equipment profile) - My Flickr site - link

Greytop

Link Posted 24/02/2010 - 12:33
RichardDay wrote:
I know that details cannot be mentioned, but I would like an improved multi-point AI predictive tracking AF system (like Nikon's Multi-CAM3500DX) and faster (ring?) SDM motors.

Agreed that would have been nice to hear but like you say it probably couldn't have even been hinted at

Certainly something like an f/5.6 400mm would be most welcome and that probably could have been hinted at.

But never-the-less it was quite an interesting read.
Regards Huw

flickr

Anvh

Link Posted 24/02/2010 - 14:52
Thank you Gwyn

I remember some complains about the colours and that we don't need them so it's funny to see the white and red or doing better then black

And it seems that our discussions about some entry level primes are hinted and also the weathered sealed flashguns, let's hope they listen.

Since they mention they are still working with Samsung and being there are some reports of the backlit sensors just like the EXMOR R from Sony we might see that in the upcoming camera's.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.