Interesting........

Mongoose
Posted 21/10/2013 - 22:35 Link
Dave-L wrote:
steven9761 wrote:
I reckon you would still shave the best part of £100 off the UK price.
But the UK price drops by at least £85 if you give up your old camera to SRS for example, and I for one have got several of them (if only they'd take more than one!)

So I'm another who wouldn't do the Australia import thing.
LOL, if he'd take more than one I could buy a K3 in film bodies without having to part with any of the ones I actually like!
you don't have to be mad to post here



but it does help
Russ
Posted 22/10/2013 - 08:25 Link
ChrisA wrote:
steven9761 wrote:
I reckon you would still shave the best part of £100 off the UK price.
Is it really worth it?

Personally I'd have to save a lot more than that to forego the security of buying from a trusted UK retailer.
It really isn't worth it, not even for double that amount. I know from bitter experience. Not with a camera but with my astronomy gear. Bought an eyepiece from the States that cost £499 and it turned out to be defective. I had saved £127 but the hassle and shipping costs that followed were horrendous. And in the end it never got properly sorted. I think i would want to save the cost of another camera body, so if it broke i just bought another.
Sean282
Posted 22/10/2013 - 11:44 Link
And I think we all know full well how businesses factor this "hassle factor" into any mark up

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo