Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Ingleborough cave, Clapham, North Yorkshire 15th October

davem
Posted 22/09/2016 - 19:57 Link
Hello all,

Ages ago I mentioned that the cave is opened up for photography, unfortunately they never got back to me with details.

However, I have just seen a photo day day advertised on their website. link Looks interesting. I am booking my place now.

Let me know if you decide to go.

Dave
davem
Posted 24/09/2016 - 20:45 Link
I have found a video with some footage of the walk to the cave and interior view of the cave. link

The cave are in their original condition and not modified through blasting like some others.

I have checked and folwing a gided tour of the cave visitors will be left to take photos of what they want using tripods and flash
psburnley
Posted 25/09/2016 - 19:29 Link
That looks interesting.

I will ring them tomorrow and see if I can book it.

I have not photographed in a lit cave before but my reading suggests that flash is not such a good idea. I presume they will leave their own lighting on?

Regards

Peter
davem
Posted 25/09/2016 - 20:40 Link
Hello Peter

As far as I know they leave the lighting on. It might be possible to paint some other areas with extra light. Look forward to seeing you there.

Dave
psburnley
Posted 29/09/2016 - 11:25 Link
I am booked on this trip - see you there. They have confirmed that the normal lights are left on. Group limited to a max of 15.

Peter
davem
Posted 29/09/2016 - 14:38 Link
I will be the other one with a Pentax
davem
Posted 15/10/2016 - 21:19 Link
Spent most of the day down Ingleborough cave with another nice forum member psburnley. Had a great time. It was good to meet peter.

I felt a little overawed by the textures created by the limestone and probably did not get as many photos as I could. Still they said we can go back again when the cave is empty out of the tourist season

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.