Industrial - The Coal industry.

Graham_A_E

Link Posted 05/09/2019 - 20:43
I recently needed to find some pictures on the theme "industrial" and came across this project about a local colliery. It was taken with a Pentax P30 and using Ilford HP5plus. Both the colliery and the railway which serviced it are now closed of course, in fact it was on borrowed time when I took the pictures.

pschlute

Link Posted 05/09/2019 - 22:04
The second and the last work very nicely for me.
Peter

My Flickr page

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 06/09/2019 - 00:35
Yes, very nice... that last one is a cracker...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidwozhere

Link Posted 06/09/2019 - 01:20
Yes, second and particularly the last one. It's amazing how fast it all disappeared isn't it!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Graham_A_E

Link Posted 06/09/2019 - 11:08
davidwozhere wrote:
Yes, second and particularly the last one. It's amazing how fast it all disappeared isn't it!

Thanks to you all for your comments. The site is now a housing estate... presumably housing people who have to travel some distance to find work!

johnha

Link Posted 06/09/2019 - 17:21
The last one is superb as are the ones showing it in the environment. They also look very crisp with very good tonality.In our DSLR world it's easy to forget film is capable of stunning results. Thanks for sharing.
PPG Flickr

alfpics

Link Posted 06/09/2019 - 17:33
Great set Graham. The first and last for me
Andy

Graham_A_E

Link Posted 06/09/2019 - 21:32
alfpics wrote:
Great set Graham. The first and last for me

Thanks Andy. I worked in a number of pit villages in County Durham and the midlands after the pits closed.

Sry

Link Posted 08/09/2019 - 22:38
Fine images there. Interesting how industrial 'warts' in a landscape can lead to good-looking photographs/paintings/art... Second and last in particular for me.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.