Indians -image heavy
Posted 24/11/2013 - 07:06
Link
As I often find at events like this, the excellent vintage machines are not matched by a sympatheic background. I suppose the organisers and owners don't display they machines for the benefit of photographers.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 24/11/2013 - 10:22
Link
Very true Andrew. It was worth stopping just to have a good look at these up close.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 24/11/2013 - 18:45
Link
I appreciate you sharing. Love those old Indians.
Steve
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Posted 24/11/2013 - 19:51
Link
K10D wrote:
Very true Andrew. It was worth stopping just to have a good look at these up close.
Best regards
Indians are quite rare in Britain. Not sure why they never caught on, compared to Harleys. These are in remarkable condition
Very true Andrew. It was worth stopping just to have a good look at these up close.
Best regards
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 24/11/2013 - 21:33
Link
At Andy
The real Indian Motorcycle Man Co. went bump in '53 and the name just passed between numpty entrepeneurs until Polaris bought the name a couple of years ago.
Harley were still going and have continued to do so. They weren't really popular in GB until they sorted themselves out in the 80's with improved production standards and the "Evolution" engine. Perfectly timed with the yuppy era when their relatively high price made them a bit of a status symbol.
Just don't ask me anything about photography
Ste
The real Indian Motorcycle Man Co. went bump in '53 and the name just passed between numpty entrepeneurs until Polaris bought the name a couple of years ago.
Harley were still going and have continued to do so. They weren't really popular in GB until they sorted themselves out in the 80's with improved production standards and the "Evolution" engine. Perfectly timed with the yuppy era when their relatively high price made them a bit of a status symbol.
Just don't ask me anything about photography
Ste
Steve
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Posted 25/11/2013 - 02:00
Link
Gravelrash wrote:
At Andy
The real Indian Motorcycle Man Co. went bump in '53 and the name just passed between numpty entrepeneurs until Polaris bought the name a couple of years ago.
Ste
The new ones are well worth a look at.At Andy
The real Indian Motorcycle Man Co. went bump in '53 and the name just passed between numpty entrepeneurs until Polaris bought the name a couple of years ago.
Ste
Thanks for sharing these shots Gary, a true classic marque.
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
Just grab shots.
All with K5 + 21mm
Best regards