Fascinating image, thanks for sharing.

Is this some kind of art installation?

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 10/09/2019 - 18:24
HarisF1 wrote:
Fascinating image, thanks for sharing.

Is this some kind of art installation?

Well I suppose it is , as I have created it I bought the mirror on gumtree. Carried it to Horsell Common and placed it in various positions relative to the old tree roots. This is the "Sand Pit" area of the common where the Victorians used to dig the sand up to make bricks. As the edges erode you see the trees with their roots almost entirely exposed.

This is the site that inspired HG Wells as the landing spot for the Martians in War of the Worlds.
Peter

My Flickr page

HarisF1

Link Posted 10/09/2019 - 20:20
The description is just as good - I didn't even realise it was a mirror. Wow!

Helpful

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 12/09/2019 - 13:56
Interesting series this Peter... part photography, part art installation, as Haris says above... particularly like the detail of the reflection in the mirror, which judging by the other 2 shots, seems to be very much part of what you've been going at... good luck with the experimenting...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 12/09/2019 - 22:18
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
Interesting series this Peter... part photography, part art installation, as Haris says above... particularly like the detail of the reflection in the mirror, which judging by the other 2 shots, seems to be very much part of what you've been going at... good luck with the experimenting...

Best

Thanks Bill. This is the same common where I walk my two dogs every day. Luckily on my photographic visit i did not meet anyone who knew me !
Peter

My Flickr page

Sry

Link Posted 15/09/2019 - 16:08
I'm sure there will be lots of fun to be had if you make this a long-winded project, Peter. I like 1 & 3 better, as they concentrate more on the subject/reflection relationship. I particularly like how the mirror in 3 discreetly brings in just a hint of high-hanging leaves over the imposing branches/roots in the foreground. Planning to keep at it?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.