Impressionist Moss

Lubbyman

Link Posted 04/05/2021 - 20:52
Taken with K3 + FA77mm + 35mm tube. It makes a change from ultra-sharp, ultra-detailed, stacked macro .

Comments, thoughts welcome as usual.

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 05/05/2021 - 00:14
If you click the image to get it alone on a grey page you can scroll it up and down, thus 'cropping' it. Try it with varying bits of the light part at the top removed. It's nice generally but with the light bit gone it becomes very nice (IMHO).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

jvs

Link Posted 05/05/2021 - 07:37
Very similar in style to your recent cherry blossom image, Steve, and very attractive in my view, too. I think if you crop away the top part, as David suggests, the eye focusses more on the lovely treatment of the main subject, whereas, without the crop, the eye can be carried past the main subject into the empty "beyond". A matter of personal taste, perhaps. Whichever, it's a lovely picture!
John

Lubbyman

Link Posted 05/05/2021 - 11:49
Interesting comments about cropping out the grey at the top. When the picture was taken a couple of weeks ago, I played around with it and concluded the same - better without the grey because it distracts from looking at the stalks in the centre. Yesterday, I looked at it again and decided the opposite - better with the grey because it helps you to look around the stalks rather than at them. Looking at it again, after your comments, I can't make my mind up at all!!

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/05/2021 - 21:17
It made an impression on me Steve

The bright (but not too vibrant) greens make the canvas for the simple, repeated moss shapes with splashes or faded red peeping through here and there - I bet you could re-edit it every day for a week and come up with seven different favourite results
LennyBloke

psburnley

Link Posted 06/05/2021 - 09:40
A lovely image. As you know I have been photographing moss for the last few months and yours is just what I have been seeking. Well done.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.