Im new user to Pentax
Posted 25/09/2014 - 17:16
Link
Hello and Welcome to the Forum
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 25/09/2014 - 17:21
Link
Welcome Frank... you'll find several people on here already using Pentax medium format
(no surprise there then!)...i'm sure they'll be delighted to help another convert.
All the best
karlo
(no surprise there then!)...i'm sure they'll be delighted to help another convert.
All the best
karlo
Posted 25/09/2014 - 20:29
Link
Welcome Frank - look forward to seeing how you progress.
Carl
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 02/10/2014 - 08:20
Link
In what way do apertures work differently ? I was not aware of this.
- -
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Posted 02/10/2014 - 08:35
Link
judderman62 wrote:
In what way do apertures work differently ? I was not aware of this.
Frank is talking of medium format, where the bigger sensor gets less DOF.In what way do apertures work differently ? I was not aware of this.
Apertures work the same way, but a smaller aperture will be needed to get the same DOF. If you've got used to f16 giving enough DOF with APSC it might not be enough for 645...
Welcome to PU Frank, I hope the switch to 645 works out well for you!
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
Posted 02/10/2014 - 08:37
Link
Oh right yes get that. Thank you sir
- -
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6 posts
12 years
Middlesex
My name is Frank, I've just joined this forum as changed from Nikon to Pentax. Having decided to dedicate my photography to a specific subject I decide to go the medium format 645 route.
My photography was dying and I needed to save it. Having bought a 645Z I look forward to dedicating my photography to Landscapes. I need to learn how my new camera works as unlike 35mm F stops work differently for DOF.
I will let you know how I'm adapting to the change and will post images in the coming months.
I look forward to future post and will be viewing articles as and when I can.
Chase The Light and speak soon.