Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

I saw one

Horst
Posted 14/06/2015 - 03:33 Link
The other day on the Tele, I watched the English cooking show with Rachel Koo. Actually I was more watching Rachel than the cooking.

But I saw her using a Pentax Camera. Admittedly I looked like a K2 or similar, but it was a Pentax.

There is the proof, that there is another Pentax somewhere in existence, and I saw it.

I saw it!!, I did see it ,I did ,I did, whoopee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Horst
Dingo
Posted 14/06/2015 - 05:27 Link
Ah, you are a hopeless romantic

YES, of course Rachel Koo is real, but........... another Pentax................oh come on, get a grip man!!
vic cross
Posted 14/06/2015 - 07:27 Link
That's two in one week. "See my Lenny Henry post" K1000.
Opposite sides of the world. but still two Pentax's on the telly in one week. That's got to be a record.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
bwlchmawr
Posted 14/06/2015 - 07:45 Link
I saw one too, near Beddgelert, last Wednesday, about 12.00. It was a K3 too (identifiable by the monstrous carbuncle on the front). First I've ever seen in the wild or in captivity. The lad carrying it was past me before I could say anything...
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Dingo
Posted 14/06/2015 - 08:17 Link
I swear this is going to turn into the X Files..................seriously guys, are you sure they weren't just weather balloons, Chinese lanterns or figments of your imaginations!!??
Aitch53
Posted 14/06/2015 - 09:19 Link
Their was an archaeologist with a (film) Pentax slung round his neck on one of the older editions of Time Team repeated last week.

Made a change from Mick Ashton's C*n*n!
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.
Horst
Posted 14/06/2015 - 09:21 Link
Quote:
it was a K3 too (identifiable by the monstrous carbuncle on the front).

You lucky devil. Al I could muster was a film type with a K mount. For a short moment I thought It was a screw mount and I needed to sit down in shock and had to have a dram of single malt. But then ( luckily I recorded the program).I realized it was a K-mount. Then I had to have another dram of Malt.

That was close .

Regards, Horst
Horst
Posted 14/06/2015 - 09:28 Link
Quote:
Their was an archaeologist with a (film) Pentax slung round his neck on one of the older editions of Time Team repeated last week.

Was the archaeological find the Pentax?

Regards, Horst
Edited by Horst: 14/06/2015 - 09:28
Stuey
Posted 14/06/2015 - 10:25 Link
Did someone mention Rachel Koo :
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
wvbarnes
Posted 14/06/2015 - 11:29 Link
Right priority

Stuey wrote:

Algernon
Posted 14/06/2015 - 11:47 Link
It's Rachel Khoo. Her family are part of the Khoo Kongsi clanhouse
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
StephenHampshire
Posted 14/06/2015 - 12:52 Link
I was on a photo charter the other day, about 25 photographers. Suddenly realised the three of us in the "front row" all had Pentaxes - My K3 and a K30 and another K3. Not to mention the other K5 and a chap with a film Pentax.....
myles
Posted 14/06/2015 - 14:59 Link
I was at an event near Strangford last Sunday and one of the organisers had a Pentax round her neck. Unfortunately I wasn't able to positively identify it, but it had a top plate LCD

The truth is out there...

Myles
cardiffgareth
Posted 14/06/2015 - 20:14 Link
I saw one today at a local birding lake. K3, 1.5x WR TC on a DA* 300m!

Just bumped into him as I was taking a stroll with the family.

It was Steve Everitt !!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Stuey
Posted 14/06/2015 - 20:53 Link
wvbarnes wrote:
Right priority

Stuey wrote:

As much as I like Pentax stuff - nature wins every time

Algernon wrote:
It's Rachel Khoo. Her family are part of the Khoo Kongsi clanhouse

Is that a restaurant Algi :
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Edited by Stuey: 14/06/2015 - 20:57

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.