I refurbished my flight case...
Posted 29/11/2009 - 18:34
Link
Ah, this is the spare bodies store though - I have other lenses in Lowepro cases that I use often, this is more or less the reserve collection! These were rattling around in the wardrobe which isn't the best way to store gear, so I decided to sort the old case out.
It's not bad on weight distribution, the K1000 is the heaviest camera in there and that's on the centreline.
It's not bad on weight distribution, the K1000 is the heaviest camera in there and that's on the centreline.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 01/12/2009 - 20:40
Link
I was lucky enough to pick up a Pentax aluminium case a while back but have never seen another on ebay. I could do with two or three more!
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 26/01/2010 - 11:19
Link
That's good to know, I've got a 'quantity' of ex army kevlar reinforced fibreglass cases that are virtually unbreakable, waterproof and light. Some are even airtight and have a pressure release button incase they have been in an aircraft hold.
But they have no rubber inserts, other than the original ones for holding weapons optical sights etc.
So I'm off to Jessops.
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/mudplugga/album%202/dc8df68b.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/mudplugga/album%202/1b965e60.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/mudplugga/album%202/IMG_3801.jpg[/IMG]
They are superb cases and designed for a hard life.
But they have no rubber inserts, other than the original ones for holding weapons optical sights etc.
So I'm off to Jessops.
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/mudplugga/album%202/dc8df68b.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/mudplugga/album%202/1b965e60.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/mudplugga/album%202/IMG_3801.jpg[/IMG]
They are superb cases and designed for a hard life.
Posted 26/01/2010 - 12:45
Link
Or how about this ? -
http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/music/typeproducts2.asp?id=4717-5264
It's a bigger sheet but thinner so you can build up different levels easier.
http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/music/typeproducts2.asp?id=4717-5264
It's a bigger sheet but thinner so you can build up different levels easier.
Posted 26/01/2010 - 13:29
Link
That is useful to know - I gave away my aluminium case because I could not find any replacement foam
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 26/01/2010 - 20:59
Link
I just bought some foam from the local market and cut on the shapes I needed with a sharp knife.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 26/01/2010 - 21:43
Link
aaaahhh, now if thomann have it... then I'm sorted. As then I'll get the 'frotto stands at the same time.
yep, they do, and it's cheaper than the other stuff, too, at 500mmx80x400 for €18.
Now all I need to do is get sketchup out and work out where everything will go... anyone have a model of the K10D or lenses handy?
I'd like to use the space as effectively as possible. The 190 won't fit, but the d-lites should, as should all the lenses, a laptop, and a disk or two. A battery would be nice as then I can also fit a highpower LED to see in the dark.
Bret
yep, they do, and it's cheaper than the other stuff, too, at 500mmx80x400 for €18.
Now all I need to do is get sketchup out and work out where everything will go... anyone have a model of the K10D or lenses handy?
I'd like to use the space as effectively as possible. The 190 won't fit, but the d-lites should, as should all the lenses, a laptop, and a disk or two. A battery would be nice as then I can also fit a highpower LED to see in the dark.
Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Posted 28/01/2010 - 20:27
Link
I've since bought a second case from Maplin - they had a special offer last month. Unfortunately it's already full...
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 29/01/2010 - 12:33
Link
I need to get a case sorted. I like those army ones, but I don't think the Mrs would be happy tripping over them in the house.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 29/01/2010 - 16:22
Link
Oddly I do have a couple of .50 calibre ammo boxes, I use them to store some of my N scale train collection as they're waterproof and will protect the contents from anything short of a major earthquake.
Here's the second flightcase:
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP1318.jpg[/IMG]
This has an MG, MV1, ME Super (already seen, it got displaced from the first case by an ES II), MZ50 (with AA battery grip underneath), SF7, Pentax-M 80-200mm f4.5 zoom and Takumar Bayonet 28mm f2.8
Here's the second flightcase:
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP1318.jpg[/IMG]
This has an MG, MV1, ME Super (already seen, it got displaced from the first case by an ES II), MZ50 (with AA battery grip underneath), SF7, Pentax-M 80-200mm f4.5 zoom and Takumar Bayonet 28mm f2.8
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 31/01/2010 - 01:04
Link
Father Ted wrote:
I need to get a case sorted. I like those army ones, but I don't think the Mrs would be happy tripping over them in the house.
I've still got some for sale. The size that my K10 is on in the picture I've been selling for £15. I need to get a case sorted. I like those army ones, but I don't think the Mrs would be happy tripping over them in the house.
The internal size is roughly 17" X 10" x 5" and they are strong enough to park a Landrover on.
Posted 17/02/2010 - 19:08
Link
bumm just to have it in my profile
James
James
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3603 posts
16 years
Mid Wales
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP0834.jpg[/IMG]
That's my K1000, ME Super, MG, MZ50, P30T and P30 along with AF200S, SA and T flashguns. Oh, and a handful of lenses - M 50mm f2 and f1.7, FA 28-80mm.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.