Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

I'm in trouble..

Cuchulainn
Posted 23/02/2011 - 15:35 Link
I just put a random bid on a pentax 645n on the site of evil (eb**) and won... Now I need to both find a suitable lens at a good price and explain to the ever loving wife about the saving I made on the bid
davex
Posted 23/02/2011 - 15:50 Link
Quote:
explain to the ever loving wife about the saving I made on the bid

Hmm, how long for :

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
Cuchulainn
Posted 23/02/2011 - 15:52 Link
Heh, yeah - really need to think about what I'll sell to make up the money. On the other hand, it was a 645n in decent working condition for £112, so that's a pretty good saving
snappychappy
Posted 23/02/2011 - 15:59 Link
Oh dear, suggest you bid on some earplugs.
Hardgravity
Posted 23/02/2011 - 18:56 Link
.. or a safety helmet and some protective padding..
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
fatspider
Posted 23/02/2011 - 19:00 Link
I can recommend a reliable ebay seller to help alleviate your problem, just do a user search for "fragrance direct"

Seriously I've used them twice for the wifes needs (I dont wear it myself...honest)
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Opethian
Posted 23/02/2011 - 20:42 Link
I wish you the best dear sir. If you ever survive the ordeal, I would be very happy to see the photos you get to take from that superb camera.
Mannesty
Posted 23/02/2011 - 20:52 Link
I suggest you get one of these before you tell her.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Cuchulainn
Posted 23/02/2011 - 22:11 Link
Thanks all! I've survived - my bargain was considered suitably large even for her non-interest in medium format cameras!

I'll definitely be posting pics!

Now, as for a suitable lens...
hefty1
Posted 23/02/2011 - 23:51 Link
Get the 75/2.8 for starters. Angle of view is about what a 45mm lens would give on 35mm film (so slightly wide normal) and it happens to be an excellent lens. When finances allow add the 55mm (the 45mm tends to be quite steep in price) and the 150/3.5 which makes a lovely portrait short-tele for not much money.
Joining the Q
Don
Posted 24/02/2011 - 00:53 Link
fatspider wrote:
I can recommend a reliable ebay seller to help alleviate your problem, just do a user search for "fragrance direct"

Seriously I've used them twice for the wifes needs (I dont wear it myself...honest)

I'm not saying women are easily fooled, but they could save a fortune on perfume, if they'd only realize that men are more attracted to bacon than pheromones....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
mikeyscope
Posted 24/02/2011 - 08:59 Link
Could always buy her an ironing board as compensation ...it's worked on this forum before.

Mike
Cuchulainn
Posted 24/02/2011 - 11:12 Link
I'd be hit with the ironing board if I did that

Mifsuds had a 75mm at a good price on the website, but naturally it was out of stock. Do they ever actually update their website? I've phoned them about a few things and they have never been in stock.

Not much on ebay at the moment either and Ffordes are looking at £200 or so for the 75. Any other places I should be checking out? SRS are also not stocking it.
Tyr
Posted 24/02/2011 - 15:55 Link
Cuchulainn wrote:
I just put a random bid on a pentax 645n on the site of evil (eb**) and won... Now I need to both find a suitable lens at a good price and explain to the ever loving wife about the saving I made on the bid

I almost bought a 645N-II a few years back. It just felt right in my hand and the viewfinder was amazing!

Don wrote:
fatspider wrote:

I'm not saying women are easily fooled, but they could save a fortune on perfume, if they'd only realize that men are more attracted to bacon than pheromones....

Mmmm... Bacon! *drool*
Dangermouse
Posted 24/02/2011 - 20:59 Link
I think where lenses are concerned it's a case of buying what you find for sane money. Definitely look for something around 40mm/50mm, a 75mm as standard, and a 150mm/200mm ish as a telephoto though.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.