Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

I am a Member!

AndrewA
Posted 07/04/2012 - 16:43 Link
Trixie has just pointed out to me that we are all now just a "Member" of the forum and have lost the other variations on the theme.
Not that I really mind, have we missed an announcement on any changes?
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
pianoman
Posted 07/04/2012 - 16:47 Link
Yes the status seems to have changed and I was a pro not long ago !

I have been demoted !!!
All the best

David
Charlotte
Posted 07/04/2012 - 17:06 Link
Maybe someone decided that the term Pro Master was sexist.
AndrewA
Posted 07/04/2012 - 17:08 Link
Charlotte wrote:
Maybe someone decided that the term Pro Master was sexist.

Oh dear I sincerely hope not....
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link
snappychappy
Posted 07/04/2012 - 17:11 Link
The latest directive from Brussels.
NaimKhan
Posted 07/04/2012 - 17:12 Link
Oh yeh - I have just noted that! And I was so waiting to get the Pro Master status.
PPG
trixie
Posted 07/04/2012 - 17:16 Link
I'm glad I mentioned it to Andrew, I wonder why I had been demoted maybe someone thought we should be as one.

Best wishes and Happy Easter from Trixie a member
pianoman
Posted 07/04/2012 - 17:29 Link
If you hover the mouse over the little medal there you will see you are still a Pro Master

All the best

David
fritzthedog
Posted 07/04/2012 - 18:15 Link
Oh no - how will I be able to hold my head up in public - no longer a pro-master - I will be ostracised, demoralised and potentially even traumatised

let's be honest - the ranking is only based on how long you have hung around and how many posts you have accumulated. Not as if we are graded on knowledge, common sense, ability or usefulness to the community.

If we were - many of us would be re-graded

Oh well, at least I have just reached the status of "semi-pro" in the online 8 ball pool playing community that I occasionally waste time in. Oh the prestige

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
johnriley
Posted 07/04/2012 - 18:17 Link
Nobody has been regraded as far as I can see, but the titles have become hidden. You just need to hover over the medal, as David said.
Best regards, John
bforbes
Posted 07/04/2012 - 18:39 Link
johnriley wrote:
Nobody has been regraded as far as I can see, but the titles have become hidden. You just need to hover over the medal, as David said.

Why?
johnriley
Posted 07/04/2012 - 18:54 Link
Quote:
Why?

Probably to try and do something about situations where someone who had joined some time ago was still called a New Member still having that title until they had 10 posts. In some circumstances that could be years, which was a bit odd.

I'm not sure if the rest of it is intentional or just an unfortunate side effect. Is it an issue?
Best regards, John
bforbes
Posted 07/04/2012 - 19:20 Link
johnriley wrote:
Is it an issue?

It must be for somebody or it would have been left as was.
puma
Posted 07/04/2012 - 19:20 Link
I think it should just say Pentax member for all of us, then that way every one is happy. I say leave it I really don’t care unless your a Pentax User Team.
PPG link
Edited by puma: 07/04/2012 - 19:21
AndrewA
Posted 07/04/2012 - 19:40 Link
On reflection I think it is good that we are all badged the same, because we are aren't we?
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.