How to set up a link?

vic cross
Posted 27/12/2008 - 13:00 Link
I have some photos on Picasa but don't know how to set up a link on my posts as per TYR With flickr. Help. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
SteveT
Posted 27/12/2008 - 13:04 Link
I dont use Picasa, nor do I have a flickr site. I use photobucket at the moment. So if its a link to display one of your images hosted on another site, then I can advise. If not, hopefully somebody else will happen along pretty soon.
K20d
DA 12-24 | DA* 16-50 | DA* 50-135 | Sigma 100-300 F4
Lightroom 2, CS3
My FlickR
Edited by SteveT: 27/12/2008 - 13:05
vic cross
Posted 27/12/2008 - 13:10 Link
SteveT. what I mean is how do I set up a link on my posts so people can click on it and go straight to my picasa site. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
iceblinker
Posted 27/12/2008 - 13:37 Link
Just post the webpage address (the URL) and it should automatically appear as a clickable link.
~Pete
SteveT
Posted 27/12/2008 - 13:50 Link
As Ice says
First go to your Picasa site and copy the url from the top of the page.
Then come back here to your post and click the link button just below where you are typing. You will see a box open up which has a space to type and http:/ is already in there. Seeing as you have probably already copied the http:/ bit from your url, delete this and then paste in your copied url. And voila

Hope that works try it here
Steve
K20d
DA 12-24 | DA* 16-50 | DA* 50-135 | Sigma 100-300 F4
Lightroom 2, CS3
My FlickR
Daniel Bridge
Posted 27/12/2008 - 14:02 Link
If you mean to have the link in your signature, like I have, then you click the 'my settings' link top right, then click 'profile information', then add any text you want in the 'Signature' box.

You could have something like:

See my [url=http://THE URL YOU COPY FROM THE PICASA WEB ALBUM HERE]Picasa Album[/url].

When you replace the bit after the = sign with the proper URL copied when you're at the page you want to link to, it should work fine.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
vic cross
Posted 27/12/2008 - 14:36 Link
Thanks folks but it has come up with just the word link in red which seems to work but not the actual URL as in Tyrs. At least it's a start.
CHEERS Vic.
Please have a look. Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
SteveT
Posted 27/12/2008 - 15:45 Link
Vic

Yes it does come up with the word link, if you click on that you will go to your page.
If you wish to change the word like This is where I would like you to visit

or even the whole url
http://www.ybw.com/ybw/home.htm

replace the word link (not in square brackets) that has appeared on your comment before adding.

Does that help?

Steve
K20d
DA 12-24 | DA* 16-50 | DA* 50-135 | Sigma 100-300 F4
Lightroom 2, CS3
My FlickR
vic cross
Posted 27/12/2008 - 17:41 Link
Thanks again SteveT and others of course. I now have it the way I wanted it so all can have a look if they want to. CHEERS again Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo