How to force wireless flash (K100D, af360fgz) ?
Posted 12/05/2007 - 19:25
Link
you can't always count on walls and ceilings being where you need them when you need them.
get a set of stands and umbrellas (white shoot through umbrellas,preferably)
get a set of stands and umbrellas (white shoot through umbrellas,preferably)
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 12/05/2007 - 19:49
Link
Hi Don,
Thanks for your comments. With umbrellas can I still use wireless mode?
Thanks for your comments. With umbrellas can I still use wireless mode?
Posted 12/05/2007 - 21:32
Link
Umbrellas are great
I have a little series going on ePhotozine, e.g.
http://www.ephotozine.com/u16488/gallery/613649
This was done with a Hama £29 umbrella that includes a nice plastic hot-shoe bracket so you can mount directly onto a tripod... plus a large reflector.
(Bought mine from Castle Cameras, look for "Hama Studio brolly white with mounting bracket"
I've often used two wireless guns with umbrellas (again all in manual) and it works a treat.
General guideline for umbrellas is to place it no further away than the diameter of the umbrella (which is very close - just out of shot, NOT six foot away!)
Matt
I have a little series going on ePhotozine, e.g.
http://www.ephotozine.com/u16488/gallery/613649
This was done with a Hama £29 umbrella that includes a nice plastic hot-shoe bracket so you can mount directly onto a tripod... plus a large reflector.
(Bought mine from Castle Cameras, look for "Hama Studio brolly white with mounting bracket"
I've often used two wireless guns with umbrellas (again all in manual) and it works a treat.
General guideline for umbrellas is to place it no further away than the diameter of the umbrella (which is very close - just out of shot, NOT six foot away!)
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 13/05/2007 - 05:01
Link
Thanks Matt,
followed your search pattern, found some umbrellas that look interesting. For portraits would you use white umbrella more than silver? That is my reading of the product information.
followed your search pattern, found some umbrellas that look interesting. For portraits would you use white umbrella more than silver? That is my reading of the product information.
Posted 13/05/2007 - 07:54
Link
Quote:
Thanks Matt,
followed your search pattern, found some umbrellas that look interesting. For portraits would you use white umbrella more than silver? That is my reading of the product information.
There are two sorts of umbrellas - reflective and translucent.Thanks Matt,
followed your search pattern, found some umbrellas that look interesting. For portraits would you use white umbrella more than silver? That is my reading of the product information.
With the former, the flash faces away from the subject, and the light is bounced back from the brolly. With the latter, the flash faces the subject, and shines through the brolly.
Generally speaking, a silver brolly would be reflective, and a white would be translucent.
Silver should give a more dramatic light than white.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 13/05/2007 - 07:56
Link
Thanks Matt, sounds like Silver is the one I will go for.
Posted 13/05/2007 - 10:53
Link
Quote:
Thanks Matt, sounds like Silver is the one I will go for.
That's Ok, Boris.Thanks Matt, sounds like Silver is the one I will go for.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 13/05/2007 - 13:20
Link
LOL!
Personally I only use the white translucent ones
I find the silver light much too harsh, especially on digital. But it depends what you're taking shots of
Matt
Personally I only use the white translucent ones
I find the silver light much too harsh, especially on digital. But it depends what you're taking shots of
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 13/05/2007 - 13:32
Link
Quote:
(This is from memory...)
You hold down the LIGHT button on the AF360.
Thanks Matt! (and everybody else here)(This is from memory...)
You hold down the LIGHT button on the AF360.
I finally did it, and it works great. Thanks again!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


322 posts
20 years
Switzerland
Very good.
Makes me feel that another 360 would be pretty good. Both 360 units on table tripods bounced off white ceiling and triggered from the camera by on board flash. As I do not have a studio, this would be a good set up OR ???