Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

how to create folders on 750z?

jan
Posted 03/07/2005 - 17:40 Link
I'm trying to create new folders on my camera so I don't have to upload everything when I go to upload pictures to my computer. This way I'll be able to simply upload a specific folder rather than the entire contents of a 1gb card.

I've tried everything and have searched the instructions for this info but without succes

Anyone out there know your way around the 750z or similar pentax camera?

Any info welcome,

Jan
George Lazarette
Posted 03/07/2005 - 18:46 Link
What makes you think this is possible? How will the camera know what folder to use? Why not upload everything? Leaving stuff on the card lowers its capacity for recording new images

You seem to be creating problems for yourself for no reason.

G
Anonymous
Posted 04/07/2005 - 17:04 Link
1. Because the camera instructions specifically mention that it is possible

2. Why would there be "folders" if you could only have one?

3. The whole point of subdividing the memory onto folders is so you can organise pics on the camera

4. Uploading a full 1 GB card takes maybe 15 to 20 minutes. This is not practical when all you need is 1 pic. Blanking the memory is also not an option as I need to keep the pics "onboard" for work in progress.

Anyone able to help out on this?

Jan
johnriley
Posted 04/07/2005 - 19:37 Link
Taking point 4: If you use a card reader you can get at one picture if you want to, or you could transfer all the pictures to the PC in a fraction of the time you indicate.

I do have a 750Z, but I haven't found any need to create additional folders. This would, if it is possible at all, use more space than just having the one folder.

The folder of course relates to the camera in use, and if you were to use a different camera with the same card a second folder would be generated anyway. This, too, does not use the card in the most efficient way.

Personally, I would think about going the card reader route.
Best regards, John
George Lazarette
Posted 05/07/2005 - 00:18 Link
Just use a smaller card. Trying to use a camera as a file server is bizarre.
George Lazarette
Posted 05/07/2005 - 01:10 Link
As JR says, get a card reader. Then upload just the image you want from the card reader. MUCH easier than playing around with folders, even if it's possible.

I had a look in the manual and saw nothing about being able to set up different folders. Perhaps the camera creates separate folders for movies and stills.

G

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.