how to... copy Peter Liepke
Posted 09/12/2009 - 23:54
Link
Posted 10/12/2009 - 01:08
Link
Hmm that's close enough I'd say. Not sure what you like about his photos though, they pretty much all look like photos cut out of a 100 year old newspaper and then scanned on a really low res scanner.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 10/12/2009 - 11:28
Link
Yeah Tim I know what you mean, how simple it may sound, I had to use 10 layers to get the effect you see now
Was interested to see if you could get the old printing technique/feel back into digital.
Here I was trying to get gum bichromate.
Platinum print would be the next one on the list
Can upload the PSD file if someone is interesting.
ps Tim you may buy his print for $750 to $2,000 so he must be doing something right
Was interested to see if you could get the old printing technique/feel back into digital.
Here I was trying to get gum bichromate.
Platinum print would be the next one on the list
Can upload the PSD file if someone is interesting.
ps Tim you may buy his print for $750 to $2,000 so he must be doing something right
Posted 10/12/2009 - 12:31
Link
Anvh wrote:
ps Tim you may buy his print for $750 to $2,000 so he must be doing something right
Hah, he probably has to charge that much because he sells so few! ps Tim you may buy his print for $750 to $2,000 so he must be doing something right
PS I don't know if it covers "gum bichromate", but have you tried Nik's Silver Efex for monochrome effects? It does quite a lot of this sort of stuff, including several very old fashioned 'looks'.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 10/12/2009 - 12:47
Link
Maybe?
Didn't know about that software Tim, will give it a try, thank you.
Didn't know about that software Tim, will give it a try, thank you.
Posted 10/12/2009 - 13:40
Link
Tim, just found out that they don't work in 64bit version and my 32bit version of PS has a bug in it so can only use 64bit at the time
They have however an lightroom plugin which i'm trying now
They have however an lightroom plugin which i'm trying now
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.




10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
Have tried to recreate it digitally but to not much success has anyone have an idea or want to try?
Here is his website www.peterliepke.com
ps. his printing technique is:
Contactprint using UV from an large digitally produced waxed paper negatives and then layered onto a hot water press colour paper.
And then sometimes some special stuff.
edit: other link link
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ