Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

How far will you go ...

Smeggypants
Posted 24/03/2014 - 08:10 Link
.. to take a photo.

http://inspire52.com/russian-city-climbers/

Insane is an understatement!!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
vic cross
Posted 24/03/2014 - 08:59 Link
I've done Kenya, and the Bavarian Forest, and the odd trip of over 100 miles in the UK. These trips were specifically to take photos.

Other than that I've taken photos in many countries but on holidays or business trips which is not what your looking for???

There's a starter for 10.

CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Smeggypants
Posted 24/03/2014 - 09:19 Link
It's worth looking at the link

Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
vic cross
Posted 24/03/2014 - 09:38 Link
Sorry Smeggy. I got the wrong end of the stick. A misunderstanding of the question. I've seen that lot before! They're a crazy lot those ruskys.
CHEERS Vic
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
tyronet2000
Posted 24/03/2014 - 10:04 Link
I don't see the point of these photographs. Young people with a head for heights. Wasn't this all done time after time in cities where tall buildings were built, in the "olden days", with out the benefit of health and safety
Regards
Stan

PPG
K10D
Posted 24/03/2014 - 10:28 Link
Does a photograph need a point?

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
tyronet2000
Posted 24/03/2014 - 11:13 Link
K10D wrote:
Does a photograph need a point?

Best regards

Church Spires
Regards
Stan

PPG
lxmike
Posted 24/03/2014 - 13:23 Link
In my youth I hung off bridges etc, nowadays not so much, partly due to 'wisdom' aquired by age, but maily due to being to fat/heavy to hang and hold on
gwing
Posted 24/03/2014 - 13:44 Link
Being a rock climber myself I actually watched the TV program where one of our 'parcours' youths went over to Russia specifically to meet these Russian guys and do some stunts with them.

I'm afraid 'Complete stupidity' is the only reaction it provoked in me and I'm not surprised the mother of that particular youth was worried out of her mind. If she knew anything about climbing at all she'd be even more worried as it was clearly all about bravado and risk taking with skill, safety and even risk management not in the slightest bit relevant.

For astounding skill, and daring/courage/insanity , google 'Alain Robert' or even 'French building climber' and if you find one of his videos, be amazed. He does the walk not the talk ....
RalphHardwick
Posted 24/03/2014 - 14:33 Link
Insane is all I can say

One photographer that I admire and follow is Joe McNally. This is a link to how he, as a professional photographer, captures similar images:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=30_b22TVY7s‎
Slightly safer but still takes b*lls
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"
Edited by RalphHardwick: 24/03/2014 - 14:36
Gamka
Posted 24/03/2014 - 20:32 Link
In a cage with lions, or tigers and having the you sit on my knee!

Maybe lying down face to face with a Cheetah.

Less than 500mm from a Rinkhals or a Boomslang with just the camera between them and me.

Or opening a porthole on an large jet aircraft, whilst flying, putting head and camera out to photograph ships below!
ronniemac
Posted 24/03/2014 - 20:44 Link
I feel ill looking at these photographs, not got a head for heights, but thanks for sharing, Mr P.

These guys take things to the limit, let's hope they come to no harm.

On a similar vein there is a stunning panorama from the World Trade Centre; worth taking time to explore and watching the 'making of' video. Doubtless many of you will have already spotted this on the internet.

My own feet stay firmly planted on the ground, even if not metaphorically.
jemx99
Posted 24/03/2014 - 20:46 Link
Those guys are a bunch of nutters if you ask me - just think of the damage you would do to your camera/lens if you fell from those heights!
Smeggypants
Posted 24/03/2014 - 20:48 Link
ronniemac wrote:
I feel ill looking at these photographs, not got a head for heights, but thanks for sharing, Mr P.

These guys take things to the limit, let's hope they come to no harm.

On a similar vein there is a stunning panorama from the World Trade Centre; worth taking time to explore and watching the 'making of' video. Doubtless many of you will have already spotted this on the internet.

My own feet stay firmly planted on the ground, even if not metaphorically.

same here they make me feel very queasy indeed. My attempt at risk taking is seeing how long I can look at the pics for.
Defragged
Posted 25/03/2014 - 00:16 Link
gwing wrote:
Being a rock climber myself I actually watched the TV program where one of our 'parcours' youths went over to Russia specifically to meet these Russian guys and do some stunts with them.

I'm afraid 'Complete stupidity' is the only reaction it provoked in me and I'm not surprised the mother of that particular youth was worried out of her mind. If she knew anything about climbing at all she'd be even more worried as it was clearly all about bravado and risk taking with skill, safety and even risk management not in the slightest bit relevant.

For astounding skill, and daring/courage/insanity , google 'Alain Robert' or even 'French building climber' and if you find one of his videos, be amazed. He does the walk not the talk ....

I watched that programme, I think it was billed as 'don't look down' extreme urban freestyle. It was the most exciting thing I've seen in years. google 'mustang-wanted' or take a look at this link and be awestruck by the video clips. Call them insane, but is their mentality really any different from say - people who torture themselves to conquer Everest?
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Edited by Defragged: 25/03/2014 - 00:17

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.