How do you photograph?

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll

Anvh

Link Posted 20/06/2009 - 21:41
Simply curious on how you prefer to photograph.
I know from myself that I like to capture a moment that has become without my involvement. With studio photography and with still life surely you will need to build you moment.

Both are very different types of photography, with their different art forms. Do you agree with this that you can divide photography like this?
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

hefty1

Link Posted 20/06/2009 - 22:02
Bit of both, but more capturing than building for me as a rule.

Aiki

Link Posted 20/06/2009 - 22:19
catch a moment usually.
If I do have the time, I take several shots, correct sth on my camera. Usually with too long "thinking" the good moment passes and the scene turns un-natural.
Or I pass, NOTICE sth and try to get a pic of it. All the other days I may pass the same place without taking any notice

I build a scene only if I have a certain AIM. Task. Not very often. With tripod have done some such ("Made of steel" for example)

fatspider

Link Posted 21/06/2009 - 00:42
My Philisophy is "if it moves snap it, if it doesn't snap it anyway
and above all I try to get it right in camera, it doesn't matter how much time and effort you put into a photograph, either stalking a subject, setting up lithting, waiting for a formula one car to come round the bend, at the end of the day it comes down to pressing the shutter at the right time.....hang on Aiki has said it already "capture the moment"
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Anvh

Link Posted 21/06/2009 - 09:28
Thank you for your comments.
It's just so magical to capture the right moment with all the feelings in one photo.

It seems that not a lot of you do still life or any other studio work.
Or do you do portrait and simply guide the model a bit but let him/her do what you want?
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.