Hotshoe cover?

Mike-P
Posted 28/11/2009 - 10:40 Link
Does anyone know of a cover that slides over the Hotshoe so that the scratched paint doesn't show from flash use.

I see Pentax decided to still do the same thing with the K-7 whereas every other manufacturer seems to have base metal now.
Unlocker
Posted 28/11/2009 - 11:31 Link
The camera comes with one!

Bought a K-7 this week, and it was fitted in the hot shoe out of the box. As was the K20 & K10 before it!
Mike-P
Posted 28/11/2009 - 11:36 Link
No, not one that fits in the hotshoe but one that covers the whole thing.
Mike-P
Posted 28/11/2009 - 11:41 Link
Bit like this one actually.
Will a Sony cap slide into a Pentax hotshoe?
Daniel Bridge
Posted 28/11/2009 - 11:42 Link
Don't think it will, I believe Minolta went off on a tangent with their hotshoe.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Anvh
Posted 28/11/2009 - 12:30 Link
No sony hotshoe has a different size!
I remember that members of the photoclub I'm at, need to use an adapter with the standard wireless trigger for the studio lights.

You probably are save with most of the rest, for Nikon and Canon I'm 90% certain they will fit.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo