Hopefully...

pentaxian450
Posted 23/03/2009 - 21:18 Link
British citizens have a better view of Canadians than some Americans:link
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Gwyn
Posted 23/03/2009 - 21:48 Link
That's Fox News for you I'm afraid. Forgive me for not watching all of it - it was too disgusting to keep watching.

It is a sad reflection on a the US created by a small group of smart arse Yanks, on a station run by an Oz.

They are so insular they have no idea that other countries are also in Afghanistan, and Irak, losing their young men and women.

British people don't take the same view, and nor do the Dutch - who still remember being liberated by the Canadians 65 years ago.
Oggy
Posted 23/03/2009 - 21:49 Link
Not sure where this one came from but it might give you a chuckle Yves

Quote:
On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the
United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well
recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron but, it wasn't
nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a
moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not
like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees
than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and
better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our
excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the war of 1812. I
notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer
but, we feel your Pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up
against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize
it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler,
but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're
constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a
thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over
this.

We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you.
Comment Image
Gwyn
Posted 23/03/2009 - 21:51 Link
Nice one Oggy
edumad
Posted 23/03/2009 - 21:54 Link
Unfortunately for some Americans, not being as trigger happy as they are means you're a p****. You'd think people would learn after they'd shot themselves in the foot, but no...
Anvh
Posted 23/03/2009 - 21:55 Link
And not only British.
They have some very strange views on things, those in that talk show.

Indeed, nice one Roger.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 23/03/2009 - 21:59
ttk
Posted 23/03/2009 - 22:04 Link
The Americans are very good at one thing and after years of war they still do it to them selfs.

Shoot them selfs instead of the enemy
Tel,
Anvh
Posted 23/03/2009 - 22:57 Link
And if they don't shoot themself in their feet, they bomb us accidently.
The mission was to bomb the shipyard of Rotterdam but they bombed an urban area, too mistake an urban area for a shipyard is pretty damn good I must say.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
pentaxian450
Posted 23/03/2009 - 23:11 Link
They also bombed Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo