Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Hi all, it's been a while . . .

Mannesty
Posted 07/04/2019 - 08:59 Link
. . . I've been busy the last few years with various projects. I got quite involved as the photographer for a local oval racing club which is now no more. My photography interest wained for quite some time, I've not bought anything new since my MX-1 but hope to get my mojo back and start shooting agian.

We're still living in Totana, Spain but moved again since I last visited here, now have a smaller house but bigger plot with well established palms, yuccas, and pepper trees that keeps me busy.

Our current cat population is steady, 10 with us at the moment and unlikely to expand.

So what's new with you lot?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
derek897
Posted 07/04/2019 - 09:18 Link
Hi Peter, good to hear from you again.
Yourself and a few others were instrumental in helping me get to grips with photography when I first started, so thanks for that 👍👍👍
Not a lot new over here with me, ssdd 😂😂😂
I know what i like, If not always why.
pschlute
Posted 07/04/2019 - 09:32 Link
Hi Peter. I had a break for a few years too from photography. That changed when I got the K-1 a couple of years ago.

ps. I still have the M 400mm lens I bought from you many moons ago.
johnriley
Posted 07/04/2019 - 10:03 Link
Welcome back!
Best regards, John
Mannesty
Posted 07/04/2019 - 10:18 Link
derek897 wrote:
Yourself and a few others were instrumental in helping me get to grips with photography when I first started, so thanks for that

You're very welcome Derek, always happy to help.
Mannesty
Posted 07/04/2019 - 10:19 Link
johnriley wrote:
Welcome back!

Thanks John.
Mannesty
Posted 07/04/2019 - 10:35 Link
pschlute wrote:
ps. I still have the M 400mm lens I bought from you many moons ago.

Glad to hear it's still getting used. I had some very nice Pentax primes which I've sold to other users here, some I've regretted, others not so much. I liked the M 400mm a lot but preferred the versatility of zooms and bought the Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM DG etc and love it. All I need now is the time to use it.
I do still have some primes, the trio of FA Limiteds, D-FA 100mm Macro, and an smcP-A 1:2.8 28mm permanently attached to an old Canon 30D via an adapter.
Gwyn
Posted 07/04/2019 - 14:08 Link
Welcome back Peter! It's good to see you here again. Glad to hear the cats are still around.
Mannesty
Posted 07/04/2019 - 14:35 Link
Gwyn wrote:
Welcome back Peter! It's good to see you here again. Glad to hear the cats are still around.

Thanks Gwyn, the cats are fine, and we have some new one's too
ronniemac
Posted 07/04/2019 - 15:52 Link
Nice to see a familiar face back on the forum, always found your posts interesting Peter. Hope to hear more from you and maybe see some photos from your part of Spain again.
Mannesty
Posted 07/04/2019 - 17:01 Link
ronniemac wrote:
Nice to see a familiar face back on the forum, always found your posts interesting Peter. Hope to hear more from you and maybe see some photos from your part of Spain again.

Cheers Ronnie, I'm sure I can find a pic or two to share.
cardiffgareth
Posted 07/04/2019 - 21:11 Link
Welcome back Peter!
Glad to see you back and posting! Your new pad sounds very nice, almost sounds like heaven to me but there was no mention of wine
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Mike-P
Posted 07/04/2019 - 21:34 Link
Welcome back Peter ... been a while.
Mannesty
Posted 08/04/2019 - 08:50 Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Welcome back Peter!
Glad to see you back and posting! Your new pad sounds very nice, almost sounds like heaven to me but there was no mention of wine

Cheers Gareth. In this region wine is a given, we live around an hour's drive from the wine producing regions of Bullas and Jumilla. Rest assured we always have plenty in stock for the occasional visitor.
Mannesty
Posted 08/04/2019 - 08:53 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Welcome back Peter ... been a while.

Thanks Mike, it's been just over 4 years, doesn't time fly. To quote John Lennon, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.