Hi, new to Pentax

MidnightCreative
Posted 21/01/2013 - 10:48 Link
Hi, I recently got my first Pentax (K30). Not had a chance to really use it yet but hopefully very soon. It looks like a decent camera, a massive step up from my old 35mm SLR
Hopefully this camera will get me back into photography and allow me to build a good portfolio.
AndrewA
Posted 21/01/2013 - 10:52 Link
Hello and welcome to the Forum, this is perfect weather for your K30 so there is no excuses!!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
AuraTodd
Posted 21/01/2013 - 11:27 Link
I have the K30 and I am still learning, my next lens might be an wide angle but I am not confident as yet in changing lenses. How are you going to keep your portfolio?
ronniemac
Posted 21/01/2013 - 11:32 Link
MidnightCreative wrote:
It looks like a decent camera, a massive step up from my old 35mm SLR
Welcome. Good choice of camera, it is a massive step from 35mm, but you will know the essentials of good photography from that previous experience. My step was similar; Pentax MX to Pentax K-5, and very enjoyable.
Edited by ronniemac: 21/01/2013 - 11:32
MidnightCreative
Posted 21/01/2013 - 11:54 Link
I've got myself booked into an Intro to digital photography course next month. Hopefully after that I will know how to use it and not just always use auto...
Stuey
Posted 21/01/2013 - 12:28 Link
Hello and Welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
DaveHolmes
Posted 21/01/2013 - 12:36 Link
Hi... Welcome...
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
OldTaffy
Posted 21/01/2013 - 14:33 Link
Hello from someone else who used to use a 35mm Pentax, and who moved on to dSLR just over 2 years ago. Welcome to this friendly and helpful forum.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
MidnightCreative
Posted 21/01/2013 - 21:21 Link
Thank you everyone for saying hello. Hopefully I will soon learn how to use the camera fully and post some better photos
davidstorm
Posted 21/01/2013 - 22:26 Link
Welcome from me too. The forum and the community in general is a great way to learn, especially if you can meet up with some of the members and go out on some shoots.

Best wishes
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Mal
Posted 22/01/2013 - 01:05 Link
Hello and welcome
MidnightCreative
Posted 22/01/2013 - 12:06 Link
Bring on the weekend... I feel like going for a walk around the village and see what photos I can get Cannot wait to really start using the camera!!!
MidnightCreative
Posted 23/01/2013 - 08:33 Link
AuraTodd wrote:
I have the K30 and I am still learning, my next lens might be an wide angle but I am not confident as yet in changing lenses. How are you going to keep your portfolio?
The K30 is a great camera, very nice to hold and has more features on it than I will probably ever use I have a good collection of lenses for my old SLR so I am happy with changing lenses on the K30. What lenses do you have? I've got the standard lens and managed to get a Samsung 50-200 lens cheap. Hopefully I'll put more photos up on FaceBook when I take some
AuraTodd
Posted 23/01/2013 - 10:44 Link
Quote:
What lenses do you have?
18-55. I'm a bit nervous about changing lenses as I am worried I might damage the pins in the process.
Frogherder
Posted 23/01/2013 - 10:59 Link
AuraTodd wrote:
Quote:
What lenses do you have?
18-55. I'm a bit nervous about changing lenses as I am worried I might damage the pins in the process.
Unless you normally wear builders gloves covered in concrete or have all the gentillity of a gorilla then its most unlikely you'll experience any damage or problems ***

regards
Bernard

*** I'm not known for my lightness of touch and my kit is still good

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo