Hi, I just joined in 2010.

pixelsaurus

Link Posted 20/07/2021 - 10:25
Hi,

I'm Mike and I live in NZ. Seems I joined some time back but have never posted here. My bad.

I have a Pentax K-70 and a K-500, as well as an old Pentax 645. My primary interest is astrophotography and I recently purchased an iOptron CEM26 equatorial mount for doing guided astropiccies. However it will be some time before I can post any pics. In fact, it will need to stop raining first. This is the story of my life.

It is good to be here and I hope I can contribute something worthwhile. Cheers.
Comets are like cats: they have tails, and they do precisely what they want."
David Levy

johnriley

Link Posted 20/07/2021 - 10:58
Glad you have arrived! You are in a very spectacular part of the world, so we'd love to see some of your Pentax pictures of it.
Best regards, John

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 20/07/2021 - 22:00
Welcome to the site Mike,

North or South...i've a son over there at the moment...last i heard he was pruning Kiwis (fruit not people) east of Auckland.

regards

Karlo

PaulEvans

Link Posted 21/07/2021 - 11:57
Welcome Mike, I'll be interested to see your Pentax astro shots. I have a CEM40 mount but don't post astropics here as my camera is a ZWO Astro cam. My pentaxes are just for terrestrial work. Of course being in NZ you'll get a whole host of astro objects in the southern sky that I just can't see from the UK.

Clear skies.

Paul.
K3ii, DA16-85, DA35mm Limited, FA77mm Limited, 55mm f1.8 K, 135mm f3.5 M, DA300, DA 1.4 HD TC,
DA16-45, Sigma 15mm f2.8. Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro

alfpics

Link Posted 21/07/2021 - 22:21
PaulEvans wrote:
Welcome Mike, I'll be interested to see your Pentax astro shots. I have a CEM40 mount but don't post astropics here as my camera is a ZWO Astro cam. My pentaxes are just for terrestrial work. Of course being in NZ you'll get a whole host of astro objects in the southern sky that I just can't see from the UK.

Clear skies.

Paul.

And those you can see in both hemispheres appear upside down in NZ (or perhasp upside down in UK)
Andy

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 25/07/2021 - 17:23
Welcome to the forum, or at least, to posting on it. Hope your astro project goes well. I didn't know it rained that much in NZ but then it does look very green and that has to come from somewhere.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.