Hever Castle

pschlute
Posted 24/06/2008 - 01:39 Link
A few taken today at Hever Castle in Kent, home of Anne Boleyn, and more recently the Astor family. Wonderful place to visit.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


I used my old DS today as the K10 is back at Pentax being fixed. What a great camera the DS is.
chirpy
Posted 24/06/2008 - 08:13 Link
Gorgeous. Are the first two HDR? I presume so as the saturation looks a little strong but know that that seems to be a part of what HDR does.

The right side of the house does seem to be leaning a little, though
Nimitz
Posted 24/06/2008 - 08:36 Link
I really like the first one. Very good composition and god lines. Stands out.

(I would love to tonemap this to give it even more bite - but thats probably just me )
pschlute
Posted 24/06/2008 - 10:48 Link
Thanks for the comments. Not HDR, just processed in Silkypix, but I may have overdone it with the saturation/colour choice.

I noticed the leaning building after I posted it. Having processed a bunch of photos I wasnt in the mood for going back and re-adjusting.... I just put a folded beer mat under the right side of my monitor !

(have edited it now )
xbow
Posted 29/06/2008 - 19:22 Link
I like one and three, it may be worth doing an HDR of the first one to bring out the sky. Nice shot anyway though. It is a great place to visit, they had some kind of hot air balloon event there many years ago.
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo