help required
Posted 26/10/2010 - 22:08
Link
I think you should feather the mask a little bit, the edge looks so hard.
And also add some shadows near the fingers where she is holding the mask.
And also add some shadows near the fingers where she is holding the mask.
Posted 26/10/2010 - 22:18
Link
I agree. It's the selection that lets it down. Also to make it appear above the hand in a natural 3D way try putting a little show on it.
Posted 26/10/2010 - 22:41
Link
right now it is down to shadows, lighting and placement.... the face is too bright compared to the subject...
your cut out needs a little work to straighten out the edges and smooth the curves.
you need second layer (preferably a shot of an actual porcelain mask) to layer under the edges of the mask to give it that 3-d edge... and shadows from the mask onto the subject mimicking the subjects light....
I cannot post it online but I did have some success layering skin over chrome for a battle damaged terminator shot I did for a client a couple years back.... it isn't impossible...
but the lighting on your mask looks softer than the light on your subject.... need to add some shadows to sell it.
may I also suggest get that 3d layer showing the edge of the mask and add a crack to it with a small chip near the edge to show the mask is fake, or are you going for a real face look?
your cut out needs a little work to straighten out the edges and smooth the curves.
you need second layer (preferably a shot of an actual porcelain mask) to layer under the edges of the mask to give it that 3-d edge... and shadows from the mask onto the subject mimicking the subjects light....
I cannot post it online but I did have some success layering skin over chrome for a battle damaged terminator shot I did for a client a couple years back.... it isn't impossible...
but the lighting on your mask looks softer than the light on your subject.... need to add some shadows to sell it.
may I also suggest get that 3d layer showing the edge of the mask and add a crack to it with a small chip near the edge to show the mask is fake, or are you going for a real face look?
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 26/10/2010 - 23:32
Link
In addition to the lighting points, the mask is too big compared to her hands.
Edit: actually it's the features, nose eyes and mouth, not the mask itself that is too big
Edit: actually it's the features, nose eyes and mouth, not the mask itself that is too big
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1249 posts
17 years
Warwickshire
what would you do to make it look real ????
James
I would gladly send full raw files to anyone who would like to have a go, Just PM me your email address
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY