Help please

mikew
Posted 12/08/2008 - 20:09 Link
Now no asking WHY I'd want to do it - but how can I deal with that burnt out area top right please? I have tried the obvious and it looks well obvious!

Comment Image


Many thanks

Mike
nathanever82
Posted 12/08/2008 - 20:36 Link
Try clone tool, and carefully clone on the lighter parts, by selecting the arch around the burn. If you clone in a C shape, you should be able to recreate the highlight without theburn. A bit of healing spot. and job done. I think.

Here's how it works, let me know what you think

[IMG]http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u332/nathanever82/2.jpg[/IMG]
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
Ratcatcher
Posted 12/08/2008 - 22:16 Link
I hope you don't mind but a little time with cloning and spot healing can be rewarding. Not quite perfect but i hope this helps.


Comment Image
mikew
Posted 12/08/2008 - 22:16 Link
That's better in both cases! - I'll have a pop again. Thanks

Mike
Edited by mikew: 12/08/2008 - 22:18
Mannesty
Posted 12/08/2008 - 22:41 Link
Why not just crop it out?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Don
Posted 12/08/2008 - 23:14 Link
Comment Image

here's another fast way.
use the rectanular or circular selection tool. feather the edges.
copy a section of good area, and paste it into a new layer. grab that piece and move it over the area to be patched.
set blend mode to "Darken" set opacity to about 30%
done. operation time : 15 seconds.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
mikew
Posted 13/08/2008 - 07:07 Link
Don - I will try that as it sounds and looks quick and effective.

Peter - tut you're nearly asking why I want to do it. I just want to know HOW to do it!

Thanks again guys

Mike
Mannesty
Posted 13/08/2008 - 07:30 Link
mikew wrote:
Peter - tut you're nearly asking why I want to do it. I just want to know HOW to do it!

Thanks again guys

Mike
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 14/08/2008 - 07:48
hefty1
Posted 14/08/2008 - 00:09 Link
When you "repair" the specular highlight don't forget to do the same to its reflection in the headlamp chrome, otherwise it looks a little odd.

Looking at what's visible in said reflection I'm going to hazard a guess at a Ford Popular/Anglia?
Joining the Q

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo