Hello Pentax users

DougieB
Posted 11/04/2011 - 21:37 Link
Hi,

it will soon be pay day and with my bonus I intend to treat myself to a Pentax k-r. I have an old ME-Super and a couple of old K mount Sigma lenses (wide angle f2.8 and an 80-200) which I hope to use. I have read some good reviews for SRS and they are doing the k-r for £449 + delivery. This will be my first DSLR so am a bit uncertain if this is the best buy for me. I have read tons of reviews and it comes highly recommended. I tend to photograph anything of interest in the garden or when out walking, oh and the family as well. Any comments would be welcome. Hope to post soon (with a new purchase!!)
greynolds999
Posted 11/04/2011 - 22:05 Link
I seriouly don't think there is a better camera for under £500. And if you already have lenses then I think it's definitely the best way to go.
johnriley
Posted 11/04/2011 - 22:06 Link
I reviewed this for ePHOTOzine and was very, very impressed. It's a great camera and should be ideal for you.
Best regards, John
sam-joseph
Posted 11/04/2011 - 23:40 Link
Welcome Dougie. I have a K-r in my sights too. Happy days!
Regards
Sam-Joseph
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70
gtis
Posted 12/04/2011 - 09:59 Link
hi dougie
since you are a member of this forum
you will get free delivery if you get one from srs
neil
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
DougieB
Posted 12/04/2011 - 12:08 Link
Guys,

thanks for the comments, roll on pay day!
tomkeet
Posted 12/04/2011 - 18:33 Link
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Regards, Tom

K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,

Pentax Photo Gallery
i-Berg
Posted 15/04/2011 - 06:05 Link
G'day and welcome.
snappychappy
Posted 15/04/2011 - 18:29 Link
Welcome my friend.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo