Hello from Nickbat!

Nickbat

Link Posted 17/07/2015 - 22:46
In the 1980s, I was the proud owner of an ME Super and loved taking photos. Unfortunately, that camera gave up the ghost and with a marriage and children, I had neither time nor funds to venture into the DSLR world. All that changed, though, when I was given a birthday present of a K-30 (OK - I know it's not top of the range!) and I was able to use the bundled 18-55mm auto lens and also dig out my aged Makinon (who??) 70-210 manual lens that once adorned my ME Super.
Anyway, this week, was the first real outing for the K-30, when I flew to Budapest to spend a couple of days seeing my daughter on her school band trip. I'm no photographer, but I was so chuffed at what my K-30 brought back on its SD card. Obviously, for privacy reasons, I can't share many of the photos, but here are three of which I am a tiny bit pleased. First is one taken in the Old Town on the Buda side of the city and the other two are taken at an open-air concert at Lake Balaton. Friendly criticism welcome! I would love to improve.

Stuey

Link Posted 18/07/2015 - 08:59
Hello and welcome

I like all three images
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

fritzthedog

Link Posted 18/07/2015 - 09:20
Welcome to the forum

The K30 may not be the 'flag ship' model but it is still a very capable Pentax - as you are already proving with these 3 images - and you have every right to be a 'tiny bit' pleased with them. Looks like a good start to me.

Look forward to seeing more from you.

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

AndrewA

Link Posted 18/07/2015 - 10:19
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Nice shots ☺
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.