Hello from Georgia, USA!

Sweeper67
Posted 17/05/2016 - 16:40 Link
Glad to part of this awesome community! I'm a photographer by trade, and one of my passions is the history and evolution of photography and cameras. I guess that's a fancy way of saying I collect cameras and other old photo stuff. I began my career over 27 years ago shooting and processing film. And even though everything I do for my "day job" is using digital SLRs, I have recently returned to shooting film for fun and discipline.

I have cabinets and drawers full of old camera systems that I shoot with. But I recently acquired my first Pentax - an early version Honeywell Spotmatic. Man, that is a great camera! I liked it so much that I have picked up a Spotmatic II and a Honeywell H1 since then. Of course I'm going to run into issues with these old machines, so I figured it made sense to join the forum and mingle with the real Pentax experts.
derek897
Posted 17/05/2016 - 17:12 Link
Hello, and welcome to your new home
I know next to nothing about film, but there are plenty on that do.
Looking forward to seeing some of your photos and probably learning from you too.
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Sweeper67
Posted 17/05/2016 - 18:45 Link
Thanks for the warm welcome, Derek. Excited to be here!
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 17/05/2016 - 22:32 Link
Hello from Nantwich Cheshire
Stuey
Posted 17/05/2016 - 22:53 Link
Hello and welcome

I also have no real knowledge of film but will help if I can
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
charliesop
Posted 18/05/2016 - 09:59 Link
HI from Leicester
JohnX
Posted 18/05/2016 - 10:39 Link
Welcome from London!

My film experience (mainly slides) has carried over into my digital photography, insofar as I strive to get it right in camera every shot, but whilst most of my efforts are technically good I still take poorly composed snapshots. Digital just lets me take more of them!
AndrewA
Posted 18/05/2016 - 12:55 Link
Hello and Welcome to the Forum!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Sweeper67
Posted 19/05/2016 - 23:27 Link
JohnX wrote:
Welcome from London!

My film experience (mainly slides) has carried over into my digital photography, insofar as I strive to get it right in camera every shot
I discovered early on in digital that it was very similar to shooting slide film, so I know exactly where you're coming from. Overexposure is the sworn enemy of both. Today I love my histograms! I gravitate to the technical side myself 😀

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo