Hello from a new german user
Posted 20/06/2015 - 11:43
Link
Welcome to the forums matey, and that is an impressive amount of work you've put into the charts
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
Posted 20/06/2015 - 18:07
Link
Guten tag, Willkommen
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 21/06/2015 - 08:35
Link
Welcome Ossy, I have seen your charts before and often wondered how you collected the information. Thanks for explaining how you do them.
Regards
--
Regards
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 21/06/2015 - 14:15
Link
Thanks, Mag07 & Stuey.
Danke, AuraTodd.
Thanks, Algernon. If there are further questions, ...
Danke, AuraTodd.
Thanks, Algernon. If there are further questions, ...
greetings
Ossy
Ossy
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2 posts
11 years
I am Jürgen from Germany.
Today I thought I must become a member here, because the Flickr stats told me that sometimes my ebay charts for Pentax-K lenses are linked from here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ossy59/18855799296/in/album-72157603469902678/
And now I have the chance to comment if necessary.
I startet collecting the price data on Ebay Germany when I have bought my first DSLR Pentax *istDs. When I had found "my" lenses, I collected the data for my friends. And with the years, then because of users in german forums, I thought I should make charts to see how it goes on with Pentax (a few times it looked like Pentax will no longer exist ...)
Today there are charts for 280 PK-lenses (I have data for more than 400 different lenses). For this charts I opened very one of the nearly 70.000 ebay auctions. And only when the photos and the description are so, that I would buy the lens by for myself, then it becomes a part of my charts. A lot of work, but I only could give advices for my friends when I am more or less shure that they will receive a "good" lens.
Unfortunately not one software, also not the ebay search function, can evaluate the lens. So it´s all done manually, except the raw data base for an easier sorting for excel.
I still have to go to work, sometimes overseas, and that´s the reason why I often have not the time check, collect and make updates.
But I think the charts are still good for a quick overview.
Today I own 50 different lenses, 7 old non digital Pentax SLR - my first one was a ME-Super in 1982 -, 11 digital SLR from *istDs to K-3.
Greetings from Jürgen, mostly called Ossy
(sorry, me english is not the best. I have learned it for 5 years, but I left school in 1974, and forgot a lot)
Ossy