Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

HDR

Hazza
Posted 16/01/2008 - 16:18 Link
Shot at work in the pouring rain at 7.00am. Kit lens used and 3 exposures, +2,0,-2 Photomatix pro.
Comment Image

Be kind.....
Harry
Prieni
Posted 16/01/2008 - 19:30 Link
Hazza wrote:

Be kind.....
Harry

Tall order
It's a bit too far for me. I would try to straighten the distortions and to darken the sky.
And perhaps make it a bit bigger so that all the detail that has been pulled out by the HDR (or at least some of it) becomes visible.
The left hand crop is difficult, either you have the frame of that doorway in the shot or you cut off part of the "blob". Needs a reshoot from a different angle, I think.

The longer I look at it the more I like it.
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
robby
Posted 16/01/2008 - 20:16 Link
Hey Harry - I like it.

Often do HDR in PM and it gets as wild as this - most times it just looks overboard on a landscape pic but I think it works well on the streetscape.

Might just have cropped out that left hand white doorway at the expense of the street furniture. Think the lights work well - maybe would have cloned out the 2 minor reflections in between the 2 sets of lights.
A close to the wet floor shot may have worked.

7a.m. - well done.
ikillrocknroll
Posted 16/01/2008 - 22:19 Link
I agree, HDR looks good on streets but personally, I try to not include any lightsources in the photo, you get the fully blown centre of the light.

Nice, just I would like to see more variation in colour and contrast.
Hazza
Posted 17/01/2008 - 04:54 Link
Thanks for the input guys. I'm still new to HDR and need to experiment some more. I got soaked shooting this, it was torrential. I take onboard what you have said and will try your suggestions.
Thanks
Harry

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.