HCB in colour

George Lazarette

Link Posted 07/11/2012 - 21:26
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but a new exhibition at Somerset House features HCB - with colour pictures.

I haven't been yet (it opens tomorrow) but on the basis of the preview pictures, I have to say that I find his monochrome work much more powerful.

HCB

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Last Edited by George Lazarette on 07/11/2012 - 21:26

CMW

Link Posted 07/11/2012 - 23:44
I may have misinterpreted the brochure, but I don't think the colour preview pictures are by HCB - it seems to be an exhibition about the inspiration a range of colour photographers took from HCB. I don't believe colour ever won him round!
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography

gartmore

Link Posted 08/11/2012 - 08:56
Thanks George, I'll be in London at some point before it closes
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Algernon

Link Posted 08/11/2012 - 09:07
What next Ansell Adams Macros of Spiders

What a con.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

George Lazarette

Link Posted 09/11/2012 - 19:19
CMW wrote:
I may have misinterpreted the brochure, but I don't think the colour preview pictures are by HCB - it seems to be an exhibition about the inspiration a range of colour photographers took from HCB. I don't believe colour ever won him round!

You may well be right. I saw this first on another site where it was very strongly suggested that some of the colour work was HCB's.
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

smc

Link Posted 17/11/2012 - 05:54
I think this is a mix of photographers. Looks interesting and will certainly drop by to see it.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.