Has the Gallery been tweaked?

WaypointCharlie

Link Posted 19/10/2013 - 17:47
Has the Gallery been tweaked recently? Sorry if this has been announced but over the past few days I've noticed some changes to the Gallery photos.

Firstly, I think that the large version of photos is larger than before. Perhaps this depends upon the format and it affects portrait orientation, rather than landscape.

Secondly, I notice that Gallery photos uploaded for a period pre 11 July 2013 are now getting tagged with unknown RGB and are no longer being displayed with the correct colour profile by Firefox on my wide gamut monitor. More recent uploads are tagged with sRGB (or whatever they were uploaded as) and get colour managed correctly by Firefox, as are much older uploads. So it seems that the colour profiles on photos uploaded during a period up to 11 July have somehow been lost.

Any ideas?

WaypointCharlie

Link Posted 19/10/2013 - 18:08
Ah, okay I think I've overcome the colour management problem. I've set Firefox to colour manage all images, not just those with embedded ICC profiles. Perhaps this setting got changed by the recent Firefox update.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.