Harvest time

philstaff
Posted 31/08/2010 - 22:42 Link
[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/philstaff/nb.jpg[/IMG]

I kind of love and hate it when I see the bails of corn ready for harvest. It makes for another subject to shoot but you just know the long haul through the winter months is not far away.
Ian
thoughton
Posted 31/08/2010 - 22:57 Link
Swiss rolls, my wife calls them. I love this sort of scene!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Algernon
Posted 01/09/2010 - 09:28 Link
Nice shot not the easiest of things to achieve a decent composition from, but this has worked quite well and you have the correct golden tone.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
johnriley
Posted 01/09/2010 - 09:35 Link
Not easy to find the right place at the right time with these shots. I would have tried to get the two large bales more into the corner of the composition as I feel the remainder then fall into more of a lead-in, rather than them being so central.

However, depending on where you were able to stand there's no saying that this would have been possible.
Best regards, John
thoramay
Posted 01/09/2010 - 10:12 Link
Nice picture and captures the countryside as it is at this time of the year. I am sure you know this but the bales are the straw after the corn has been harvested by combine harvesters.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo