Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Haida Photo

Vuillaume
Posted 14/09/2013 - 09:00 Link
Hi, I have just received a ND filter from a company called Haida Photo, and since I have never heard the name before, I wondered if anybody has any experience with this firm.

Best regards John
Best regards
John

PPG link
Pentaxophile
Posted 14/09/2013 - 10:49 Link
Suggest you let us know how you get on with it, since you already bought it ;P
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Opethian
Posted 14/09/2013 - 11:22 Link
A lot of people seem to like it, for less than half the price of a B+W
Edited by moderator: 14/09/2013 - 19:38
davidstorm
Posted 14/09/2013 - 12:14 Link
The Haida 10 stop filters are excellent. They add very little colour cast and if anything tend warm things up very slightly, in contrast to my Hitech 10 stopper which adds a cool blue cast. The Haida is definitely better than the Hitech, very well made too. I would recommend one.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Blythman
johnriley
Posted 14/09/2013 - 19:38 Link
Please don't post links to competitive forums. Many thanks.
Best regards, John
DrOrloff
Posted 14/09/2013 - 19:48 Link
Eh? Is this forum a competitor of itself?
johnriley
Posted 14/09/2013 - 19:59 Link
No it's not and the poster it refers to will be aware of it. The link has been removed.
Opethian
Posted 14/09/2013 - 20:17 Link
johnriley wrote:
No it's not and the poster it refers to will be aware of it. The link has been removed.

Apologies for that, didn't know of such a rule. Can you advise on where I can find the forum's rules section? Just need to make sure I don't break another one.

Regarding the topic, I think it's Haida and NiSi that are making these "more affordable" 10 stop filters:

Haida - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DNEXFRK/

NiSi - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008EL89T6/

Make sure you get the "thin" version to avoid vignetting!
johnriley
Posted 14/09/2013 - 20:29 Link
Sure, the Terms of Use are found by following the link at the bottom of every page. Anything that isn't clear, feel free to drop me a PM and ask.
Best regards, John
davidstorm
Posted 15/09/2013 - 12:22 - Helpful Comment Link
This thread inspired me to dig out the Haida 77mm 10 stopper and toddle off down to Hardwick Hall to try it out on a reflections shot. This is the one I used it on - 30 second exposure, ISO 200, F8 with the 12-24 lens on the K-5iis. I haven't had to remove any colour cast on this image which to me speaks volumes for the quality of the coating on the Haida 10 stopper. It is far superior to the Hitech filter and I bet would give the B+W / Lee 10 stoppers a run for their money.

Comment Image

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Vuillaume
Posted 27/09/2013 - 19:20 Link
Thanks for all replies - have not had a chance to try mine (adjustable ND filter) out yet, but will post results later:
Best regards
John

PPG link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.