H.O.N.Y.

ronniemac
Posted 06/02/2014 - 21:39 Link
My son, Alex, asked me to check out Humans of New York on facebook - something about photographing people, but more than that. Many of you, I'm sure know about this guy Brandon Stanton, but it was news to me. He's a photographer who documents not just images, but what his subjects have to say. Open the link, scroll down, click on a photo and flick through - it held me for quite a while. His Facebook images are all the more interesting when reading the accompanying quotes.

There are a couple of movies which explain what he does: on youtube, and on vimeo at least a couple, as well as an interview with Time.

It tells me I should get out more, and that if you have enough confidence and a youthful spirit, photography can earn you a living - he's published a book now.

Excellent use of social media for once!
Steep
Posted 06/02/2014 - 22:06 Link
I liked it so much I liked it! thanks

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo