Greetings from Lisbon
Posted 30/04/2009 - 14:07
Link
Welcome Carlos; it's a great place to be on this forum!
Posted 30/04/2009 - 14:39
Link
aminstar wrote:
Got to pay another visit to the good old Lisbon, miss the pasteis the nata from Belem and the seafood that we get from the restaurants all around the coast there . May be this time come with my K20 and take some shots too
I see you know it quite well ccaetano wrote:
I'm not exactly from the city of Lisbon but from the surroundings. I live near the town of Cascais, about 18 Km from Lisbom. But I know the capital very well as I was born there and allways worked there.
I'm sure you all are a nice bunch of friendly people. It's starting to show already!
Thanks
Nice places around Cascais , seafront, casinos, and posh mansions around . And I know the towns around Cascais too, have friends around there . Also my brother was the GM at the Hard Rock Cafe there in Lisbon when they opened it a few years ago and recently he was then transferred to Prague.I'm not exactly from the city of Lisbon but from the surroundings. I live near the town of Cascais, about 18 Km from Lisbom. But I know the capital very well as I was born there and allways worked there.
I'm sure you all are a nice bunch of friendly people. It's starting to show already!
Thanks
Got to pay another visit to the good old Lisbon, miss the pasteis the nata from Belem and the seafood that we get from the restaurants all around the coast there . May be this time come with my K20 and take some shots too
Visiting the typical neighborhoods of the old city is a "must do". Alfama, Bairro Alto, Mouraria, Castelo, Madragoa, Chiado,... are all worth a visit to get to know, or at least have some clues of what the "Lisbon Feel" is all about. Not to mention the mandatory dinner in a Fado restaurant.
I invite you all to visit these two galleries I have with photos of the old Lisbon, taken with my K10D and kit lens (most of them). I welcome any comments too.
(I hope it's ok to post links here...)
http://picasaweb.google.com/ccaetano3/LX?authkey=Gv1sRgCL2Zw9W94dGzsQE&feat=dire...
http://picasaweb.google.com/ccaetano3/LX2?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqTguqT-PLheg&feat=dire...
Pentax K10D, Pentax K-5, Pentax 17-70 f/4, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, Manfrotto 055 PROB tripod, Manfrotto 488RC2 Ballhead, Photoshop.
http://picsweep.blogspot.com
http://www.ccaetano.com
http://picsweep.blogspot.com
http://www.ccaetano.com
Posted 30/04/2009 - 14:54
Link
Carlos, you can post links yes, we are always eager to see nice images.
Ahhh, and you mention fado, Bairro Alto, Mouraria, etc, fantastic places to go soak the sun and enjoy a cold drink while nibbling on a pastel de bacalhau and then have the fantastic Bica to wash it all down .
Lovely images in the link, just briefly saw a few, going to explore some more now.
Keep showing us those lovely sites and the blue skies we get there Carlos. We have some lucky members here who are previledged to be living in the sunny Spain and they do upload some stunning scenes of the sorroundings .
Ahhh, and you mention fado, Bairro Alto, Mouraria, etc, fantastic places to go soak the sun and enjoy a cold drink while nibbling on a pastel de bacalhau and then have the fantastic Bica to wash it all down .
Lovely images in the link, just briefly saw a few, going to explore some more now.
Keep showing us those lovely sites and the blue skies we get there Carlos. We have some lucky members here who are previledged to be living in the sunny Spain and they do upload some stunning scenes of the sorroundings .
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 30/04/2009 - 18:44
Link
Some cracking shots there Carlos!
I will be staying at my parent's place which is near Peniche / Obidos if you know it.
We will probably spend a couple of nights in Lisbon and your comments regarding the neighbourhoods of the old city looks interesting. What is a Fado restaurant?
I will be staying at my parent's place which is near Peniche / Obidos if you know it.
We will probably spend a couple of nights in Lisbon and your comments regarding the neighbourhoods of the old city looks interesting. What is a Fado restaurant?
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
Posted 01/05/2009 - 01:26
Link
Karl wrote:
Some cracking shots there Carlos!
I will be staying at my parent's place which is near Peniche / Obidos if you know it.
We will probably spend a couple of nights in Lisbon and your comments regarding the neighbourhoods of the old city looks interesting. What is a Fado restaurant?
Yes, I know Peniche, a city with an immense fishing tradition, one of the best places to find fresh grilled fish for lunch!Some cracking shots there Carlos!
I will be staying at my parent's place which is near Peniche / Obidos if you know it.
We will probably spend a couple of nights in Lisbon and your comments regarding the neighbourhoods of the old city looks interesting. What is a Fado restaurant?
And I also know Óbidos, a beautiful town with its typical houses in between the castle walls. Lots of photo ops in both places.
Taking for granted that you know what Fado is, a Fado restaurant is a place where you can dine and spend the rest of the evening at the table, listening and watching a Fado singer supported by players of weeping portuguese guitars, in melodies full of emotion. Eventualy, any customer of the restaurant can spontaneously stand up and sing a theme himself too. This is one of the most typical things about the portuguese culture that Lisbon has to offer.
Here is a sample of what you can find in the LUSO restaurant in "Bairro Alto" neighbourhood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8viUQOi4D8
Pentax K10D, Pentax K-5, Pentax 17-70 f/4, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, Manfrotto 055 PROB tripod, Manfrotto 488RC2 Ballhead, Photoshop.
http://picsweep.blogspot.com
http://www.ccaetano.com
http://picsweep.blogspot.com
http://www.ccaetano.com
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2094 posts
17 years
London,
UK
I'm not exactly from the city of Lisbon but from the surroundings. I live near the town of Cascais, about 18 Km from Lisbom. But I know the capital very well as I was born there and allways worked there.
I'm sure you all are a nice bunch of friendly people. It's starting to show already!
Thanks
Got to pay another visit to the good old Lisbon, miss the pasteis the nata from Belem and the seafood that we get from the restaurants all around the coast there . May be this time come with my K20 and take some shots too