Great City Games 2014 - Manchester

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 17/05/2014 - 16:52
Well it seems that some fine examples of Sports shots on here.
So with that in Mind, here are some I took today at the Great City Games in Manchester.

Some Cameras

DrOrloff

Link Posted 17/05/2014 - 18:30
Why is there another athlete in Cox's lane in the first - it doesn't look like a really.

The first two are good shots. The last one is excellent. The low angle, well lit subject against the shaded and hence not distracting crowd, concentration and determination in the expression, spot on framing, little bit of blur enhancing the motion. There may be fine examples of sports shots here currently but this is the finest.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 17/05/2014 - 19:04
Thanks.
Your comment on the this shot, it was the fourth athlete who pulled up early on and was walking off, hence why she is in Cox's lane at the moment.
I was lucky as I have a media pass, so managed to avoid the crowds. For the athletics we were in a stand right at the end. Sadly the light was awful for the shots Very bright sunlight from overhead so very contrasty and difficult to get good shots of the runners.
The Pole Vaulters and long jumpers were far easier with the town hall covering some of the strong sunlight.
Some Cameras

DrOrloff

Link Posted 17/05/2014 - 19:40
Relay not really. Beer or premature senility, or both.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

stub

Link Posted 17/05/2014 - 20:07
Great stuff.. Makes me realise just why I love sport...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 18/05/2014 - 00:36
Some more

Some Cameras
Last Edited by Offertonhatter on 18/05/2014 - 00:38
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.