Goodness gracious me

KingKenny

Link Posted 03/05/2018 - 14:50
Anyone ever even been in the same room as one of these? What are they like?

It's a big 'un

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/05/2018 - 15:01
I thought it was one of those old metal dustbins

I'm more interested in the FA*600/4.0 that the same seller has on Ebay but I don't fancy the accompanying hernia
LennyBloke

KingKenny

Link Posted 03/05/2018 - 15:03
Well your wallet would be lightened considerably, to compensate.

Mike-P

Link Posted 03/05/2018 - 16:07
LennyBloke wrote:

I'm more interested in the FA*600/4.0 that the same seller has on Ebay but I don't fancy the accompanying hernia

Seriously tempted by that ..... a very good price as well.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

KingKenny

Link Posted 03/05/2018 - 17:37
Ref the original post, I thought I'd check just for the hell of it, and yes the manual focal length setting of my K3ii does indeed go up to 2000mm.

These chaps take backward-compatibility seriously!

johnha

Link Posted 03/05/2018 - 18:07
KingKenny wrote:
Ref the original post, I thought I'd check just for the hell of it, and yes the manual focal length setting of my K3ii does indeed go up to 2000mm.

These chaps take backward-compatibility seriously!

That would work with many astro scopes. I've used my K-5 set to 1500mm (Tamron 500mm mirror on a 3x TC) - forgot to reset it when I went back to my 50mm - SR was over-compensating and everything was blurred until I realised.
PPG Flickr

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 04/05/2018 - 10:54
Mike-P wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:

I was salivating at that one too....but a manual focus FA*??
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/05/2018 - 11:29
ilovesaabs wrote:
Mike-P wrote:
Quote:

I was salivating at that one too....but a manual focus FA*??

I'm missing something - "manual focus" ???
LennyBloke

Mike-P

Link Posted 04/05/2018 - 11:44
Says manual focus under the lens item specifics but I would imagine thats a mistake otherwise he would have mentioned it in the listing itself ...... wouldn't he?

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/05/2018 - 12:19
Mike-P wrote:
Says manual focus under the lens item specifics but I would imagine thats a mistake otherwise he would have mentioned it in the listing itself ...... wouldn't he?

Aaahh - that's what I was missing

As it was manufactured as an AF lens I think he'd have to declare the AF was not working if it would only focus manually. It's the sort of lens I would want to see/try before buying - if you're interested Mike you might want to contact him - you never know what sort of deal you could end up with
LennyBloke

Mike-P

Link Posted 04/05/2018 - 12:40
I have only just got rid of the 250-600mm because of the weight so I don't think a 600mm f/4 prime is going to make me want to lug another one around despite how good it may be.

If I'm honest as well, the value of something that old worried me, had something seriously gone wrong with it I could have been looking at a very expensive paperweight.

HarisF1

Link Posted 04/05/2018 - 12:47
*Cough* A* 135/1.8 *Cough*

It's all fun and games when you've got something fancy, but I'm definitely scared of something going wrong!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.