Getting stacked.
Posted 06/11/2010 - 13:08
Link
Interesting subject and well executed shot.
Which software was it that couldn't handle the stacking? I've used CombineZM (now CombineZP) on the few I've done and it worked well, even with images coming from a network drive which they don't recommend.
Which software was it that couldn't handle the stacking? I've used CombineZM (now CombineZP) on the few I've done and it worked well, even with images coming from a network drive which they don't recommend.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 06/11/2010 - 13:08
Link
Great shot, just a pity re the front leg, if thats what it is, just imposing slightly on the overall effect. Cloning out would possibly make it worse though?
Still a great image.
Paul
Still a great image.
Paul
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
Posted 06/11/2010 - 14:50
Link
It's nice to see someone having a go with focus stacking- I'm not entirely sure this shot shows any advantage over shooting at F22 to 32- please see my 'Robber II' at F32, I do think you have done a great job manually stacking in PS - whenever I stack I use Helicon- no problems so far. Cheers, Gary
PS. Forgive the sensor specs on my shot- poor housekeepimg!
PS. Forgive the sensor specs on my shot- poor housekeepimg!
Posted 06/11/2010 - 18:32
Link
Thanks for the comments guys.
Pete, I used Helicon and I'm sure it's good normally but I was almost certainly doing the shooting all wrong!
Gary that's a stunning shot and indeed I'm not convinced that everything needs to be in focus anyway (big fan of selective focus) but I'm just having a go at 'super-real' -long way to go yet
I didn't check- what lens did you use? I'm not convinced the SMC 100mm macro is very happy above f16 and with 100mm of extention tubes I definitely need some help with DOF.
Pete, I used Helicon and I'm sure it's good normally but I was almost certainly doing the shooting all wrong!
Gary that's a stunning shot and indeed I'm not convinced that everything needs to be in focus anyway (big fan of selective focus) but I'm just having a go at 'super-real' -long way to go yet
I didn't check- what lens did you use? I'm not convinced the SMC 100mm macro is very happy above f16 and with 100mm of extention tubes I definitely need some help with DOF.
Posted 06/11/2010 - 19:29
Link
Awesome, super shot well done
found this its great and its a pentax Camera being used!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiEw4VCcYU
found this its great and its a pentax Camera being used!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiEw4VCcYU
PPG link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1753 posts
18 years
Plymouth,
UK
The software couldn't make head nor tail of my 20 images so I had to stack them by hand in PhotoShop.
Dead cranefly (and passenger, caught twice), K-x, F9, 1/6th (mirror up), table lamp lighting, tripod (no bellows or rack), SMC 100mm macro, focus moved on the lens ring.
Plymouth Photographer