FS Tamron AF 70-300 Macro with CPL Filter

TonyM
Posted 20/06/2011 - 16:41 Link
Continuing my downsizing journey, I now offer this well-known lens (which lost out in the cut to my DA 50-200mm). This one is in excellent condition (having not been used very much) and includes a Sigma EX DG Circular Polarising Filter - this is a professional-grade filter that retails for £57 (see link: http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-Sigma-62mm-EX-DG-Circular-Polarising-Filter/... ) The price for both is £100 delivered in UK. Paypal Gift or Bank Transfer. Thanks for looking.

Comment Image


Comment Image
TonyM
Posted 22/06/2011 - 07:58 Link
Do I have any takers at £85 incl UK delivery? Note this is for lens AND polarising filter.
jbanjeet
Posted 22/06/2011 - 09:44 Link
Hi

I may be interested but i am not very familiar with the lens.
Can you please provide links to some photos that you have taken using the lens .
Also are you in london?

Jimmy
thoughton
Posted 22/06/2011 - 13:23 Link
I'm not TonyM, but here's a link to my photos taken with this lens. Well, not this lens exactly, but one I own which looks identical

Just chipping in as I think this lens is often underestimated. It has a good 1:2 (? cant remember, possibly 1:1.5) macro function as well. Jimmy if you add me as a contact on Flickr I'll do the same, which will allow you to view 100% crops of the photos in the link above.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Edited by thoughton: 22/06/2011 - 13:25
TonyM
Posted 22/06/2011 - 16:05 Link
This photo was taken with the lens (f/6.7 @ 260 mm, 1/750):

Comment Image


As Tim says, it is very good for its price-range and does have a 1:2 macro at 180mm and above. I'm afraid I'm not in London.

Tony
Opethian
Posted 22/06/2011 - 19:40 Link
I already have the Tammy 28-300 although that sits mostly on the wife's K-x. I'm not sure how it compares to this 70-300. That photo sure is beautiful Tony. If by this evening nobody purchases, I might be able to snap this one up.
jbanjeet
Posted 22/06/2011 - 19:47 Link
I'm new user Tony cant PM u

would like to buy this
TonyM
Posted 22/06/2011 - 19:58 Link
PM sent.
TonyM
Posted 22/06/2011 - 21:15 Link
Lens with filter still available. (The picture is of the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill-on-Sea. Well worth visiting.)
TonyM
Posted 24/06/2011 - 17:06 Link
Bump!
Stuey
Posted 24/06/2011 - 21:34 Link
If I was in the market for this type of lens I would also have snapped it up.
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
TonyM
Posted 25/06/2011 - 10:57 Link
Sold!
jbanjeet
Posted 29/06/2011 - 09:13 Link
Arrived, well packaged yesterday.

Thanks Tony
TonyM
Posted 29/06/2011 - 22:21 Link
My pleasure - thanks for your prompt payment.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo