FS Pentax K01 Infrared
Posted 16/09/2016 - 08:52
Link
I am open to all reasonable offers and even some unreasonable ones
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 16/09/2016 - 22:38
Link
Why on earth are you selling it? You took some spectacular shots with this machine in Iceland, if I had the budget and I were a bit more serious about my photography I would snatch your hand off.
Hope you get what you want for it.
Regards
David
Hope you get what you want for it.
Regards
David
Posted 16/09/2016 - 22:49
Link
So many people has said unflattering things about the Pentax K01's looks but that camera and lens is one beautiful looking camera!
Posted 16/09/2016 - 23:39
Link
Thanks for the wonderful comments
I'm kind of torn myself over this one, the K01 produces fantastic IR shots, that are easy to process.
I have loved the learning curve that I have been on since I started dabbling in IR shooting.
To be honest I hadn't really heard much about the K01 until I started looking to get a pentax camera converted. I can kind of see why some people might not like it, but I think the K01 looks fantastic, I like the feel of it and the very straightforward layout.
Jemx99 I completely agree the M 28mm just sits wonderfully on the K01, I don't know how many years apart they are but to my eyes they look like they belong.
I have an urge or an itch that centers around trying out some drone photography/video.
might be disastrous but it won't be for the lack of trying
If it sells I'll give it a go and if it doesn't I won't. But either way I'm not finished with IR, it's something I enjoy doing, and will come back to.
Thanks again
Derek
I'm kind of torn myself over this one, the K01 produces fantastic IR shots, that are easy to process.
I have loved the learning curve that I have been on since I started dabbling in IR shooting.
To be honest I hadn't really heard much about the K01 until I started looking to get a pentax camera converted. I can kind of see why some people might not like it, but I think the K01 looks fantastic, I like the feel of it and the very straightforward layout.
Jemx99 I completely agree the M 28mm just sits wonderfully on the K01, I don't know how many years apart they are but to my eyes they look like they belong.
I have an urge or an itch that centers around trying out some drone photography/video.
might be disastrous but it won't be for the lack of trying
If it sells I'll give it a go and if it doesn't I won't. But either way I'm not finished with IR, it's something I enjoy doing, and will come back to.
Thanks again
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 18/09/2016 - 12:59
Link
Sunday Special £550 incl delivery.
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 23/09/2016 - 15:22
Link
For the kindness shown to other members here is a free bump. :
John
John
Posted 23/09/2016 - 16:27
Link
I've been tempted by drone photography as well, but wouldn't give up IR for it!
There are now drones with low resolution cameras available for under £50.
Perhaps one of these could be enough to scratch your itch without costing you your IR kit.
I've had an expensive year in non-photographic ways so I'm compelled to resist the urge to try another converted camera (or any sort of drone).
There are now drones with low resolution cameras available for under £50.
Perhaps one of these could be enough to scratch your itch without costing you your IR kit.
I've had an expensive year in non-photographic ways so I'm compelled to resist the urge to try another converted camera (or any sort of drone).
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
Posted 23/09/2016 - 16:57
Link
Cheers John,
Hi Mike, not giving it up just parking it for a bit that's all
Hi Mike, not giving it up just parking it for a bit that's all
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 26/09/2016 - 11:00
Link
Closing this thread.
New one to come.
New one to come.
I know what i like, If not always why.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2322 posts
13 years
Wicklow Ireland
I had this converted for me in the US.
It is a full spectrum conversion and as such is very versatile as it can shoot in different wavelengths.
What you get,
Mint IR K01, boxed, charger, 2 batteries (same as k5, k3) 16gb card, strap, manual, software. Af is accurate and fast.
Mint Pentax M 28mm f3.5 , boxed, leather case, both caps, perfect lens for IR (other lenses available)
Step up rings to use with different wavelength IR filters
5 Mint IR filters, 77mm so they can be used with different lenses. See pics for wavelengths.
Shutter count is 3675 (just checked)
Some Pics
IMGP5190ed by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP5188ed by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP5186ed by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP5183ed by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP5174ed by dr.shutter, on Flickr
Some shots taken with this camera lens combo
Un_Panoramasm2 by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP7708edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
Untitled_erdPanorama1crpsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP7955edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
Link to flickr album
https://flic.kr/s/aHskBj3qMk
£615 inc postage to UK,
Any questions feel free to ask.
Might consider a swap for a drone if you have one.