FS: SMC Pentax-FA* 85mm F1.4 [IF]

LennyBloke

Link Posted 13/02/2020 - 13:08
Time has come to part with my FA* 85mm f1.4 - it does get a fair amount of use, but the DFA*50mm f1.4 gets a lot more, and I rarely pair them up in the camera bag - so it's time for someone else to enjoy it.

It is in overall good condition - the optics are very good/excellent, the cosmetics slightly less so. I don't have the matching silver hood, but I do have the Pentax MH-RA 67mm hood (designed for the A*85 and A 120 macro (645)).

If you're reading this you'll know its reputation, but just in case you can read some reviews over at PF:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-FA-Star-85mm-F1.4-Lens.html

If there's any interest I'll take some photos over the next few days, but if you have any questions please PM me.

Price: 649 inc P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), PayPal (Gift), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome
LennyBloke

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 25/02/2020 - 16:38
Amazing lens - don't use mine enough....
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/03/2020 - 18:31
Okay - I think this is priced too high so I'll drop it by 100....

....549 inc P&P
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 14/03/2020 - 18:45
Ouch. Stop...!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/03/2020 - 19:37
A snap taken today...

...and with a tube.....

LennyBloke

pschlute

Link Posted 17/03/2020 - 15:40
...you will regret it

I won't part with mine.
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 17/03/2020 - 15:40

HarisF1

Link Posted 17/03/2020 - 17:20
Any pics of the lens?

I'd love to have one with the right hood though!!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 17/03/2020 - 17:34
Yes Haris - I'll take some photos of the lens when I get a chunk of time - it's not a collectors condition item, it's just a great user - yes, the silver hood is nice to have, but the metal hood (designed for the A*85) does a great job and provides excellent protection.

Peter - will I regret parting with it? Possibly in time, but with the K85/1.8, the A*85/1.4 and the D-FA*50/1.4 I think I'll console myself quite well
LennyBloke

pschlute

Link Posted 17/03/2020 - 19:54
LennyBloke wrote:
Yes Haris - I'll take some photos of the lens when I get a chunk of time - it's not a collectors condition item, it's just a great user - yes, the silver hood is nice to have, but the metal hood (designed for the A*85) does a great job and provides excellent protection.

Peter - will I regret parting with it? Possibly in time, but with the K85/1.8, the A*85/1.4 and the D-FA*50/1.4 I think I'll console myself quite well

For any waverers. If I did not already own this lens, I would bite John's hand off at that price.
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 17/03/2020 - 19:56

LennyBloke

Link Posted 29/05/2020 - 09:27
Back up for sale again

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), PayPal (Gift), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 30/05/2020 - 11:28
Only available this weekend - then off to a new home if it doesn't sell
LennyBloke

robbiec

Link Posted 31/05/2020 - 02:56
That price is nuts! If I hadn't been on a DFA* buying spree in the last couple of weeks it would be Ireland bound no doubt. I am genuinely shocked nobody has jumped on this.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

LennyBloke

Link Posted 01/06/2020 - 10:47
Going off to another place next week - where you can buy it for more money if you so wish
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 01/06/2020 - 14:35
Same, I managed to pick one up after lockdown started

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/06/2020 - 14:32
It's been pointed out to me that I hadn't included any photos of the lens or given a particularly good description (my bad!) - so if it helps anyone before I finish packing a box full of part-exchange items on Friday here are some photos.

Condition is Very Good optically, there are some tiny coating marks (hardly visible) and some minor dust particles in the optics, but no scratches, fungus or other nasties. Aperture is clean bladed and snappy. Focus is positive and quick. Cosmetically the body has some marks - the aperture/distance scale overlay has been glued down (they are prone to coming away at the edges on some of the FA* lenses in my experience) - but overall condition is very good.

The hood is a Pentax original metal hood designed for the A*85/1.4 (and fits the A120/4.0 645 Macro I believe) not the matched Silver hood that came with the FA*, but filter size and coverage is the same.

I might also accept a very near offer
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.